Psychology SL and HL P2

Phil2154

Yea I answered the same question from Abnormal as well as 'Evaluate two coping strategies' in Health Psychology, which was nice as well. Actually I think my health essay went better than the abnormal, because I get the feeling I started to move slightly beside the point towards the end of my essay although arguably there was a clear connection to the question.

I did the same question for Abnormal psychology. I did it on bulimia, but I feel like I had a lot more to write about sociocultural factors than biological ones.

I only wrote about the genetic influence and twin studies for the biological factors meanwhile for the sociocultural ones I used cross cultural studies as well as Social Learning/Social Identity theories and studies. I spoke a bit about gender bias as well but only briefly because I was running out of time.

I wish I could have included more about the decrease due to damage in bulimic and their levels of chemicals that stimulate the feeling of full (leading them to binge) but I wasn't sure of the studies so left it out. Most people in my class wrote about the genetic studies though, so maybe I'll still get a 6 overall.

Some people are saying they answered one question in abnormal and another one on another option... Why did you do that? Did you have time???

Haha I guess they do HL so they do two options (and have 2 hours). Otherwise that's impressive!

I did the question on biological and sociocultural influences on depression, I liked that question so I was happy :)

I did the biological and sociocultural factors of OCD. I was pretty happy because I had a lot of info to include, but by the end my hand was hurting. I think before May is over my right hand will have incurred some kind of overuse injury. I wish IB let us type on the exams, and then we wouldn't have those issues. Plus my handwriting is awful!

I did abnormal- diagnosis and culture, then for the second option i did development- attachment and future relationships. It was not too bad. My class only did abnormal and development, so i was stuck with those 2 choices and I didn't really like the questions for abnormal

I chose the one with biological and sociocultural factors of abnormal behaviour (depression) and for the health option i chose to evaluate 2 coping strategies of stress or something like that...

I had alot to write about the abnormal one but didn't really like any of the health questions at all so I did quite bad on that one :/

Human Relationships here. Like everyone else here and in my class, I did the altruism one. I probably could have done the origins of relationships one a year ago, but I haven't really revised that learning objective recently. Selective revision ftw :D