Are my Mock and Final IB Exams important

butters

So im applying to some business schools in Canada (Mcgill, Queens, Richard Ivey at the University of Western Ontario) and i heard that they give only uncondtional offers.

i have my mock exams coming up in March, but will these be imporatnt for getting admissions to these unis. will they ask for mock exam results? Mcgill asked for my attainment grades from the report for my first term in school.

also, are final IB exams that important.

thanks

hey ... i dont about the uni's you applie to but Waterloo uni in canda gave me a conditional offer for 28 points.

Though the offer its easy... i doubt canadian schools just need to know you have got the diploma!

Anyways i don;t think the mocks are counted at all... but they do ask for mid year reports... so just hope your mocks don't be included in them!

yes Mcgill is really bad for IB scholar ships since less than 3 % of people get more than 42 points.

your predicted (or mock ) exams do count for admissions for most universities. However, they probably will not rescind admissions if you get a low score.

Technically 0% of people get more than 42; McGill doesn't count the bonus 3.

yes Mcgill is really bad for IB scholar ships since less than 3 % of people get more than 42 points.

your predicted (or mock ) exams do count for admissions for most universities. However, they probably will not rescind admissions if you get a low score.

why? are you sure?

so on there site they said there minima requirement for Commerce was 35 points, did they mean 35/42.i dont feel safe since my predicted score is 36/42, and my mid year grades are 35/42 points.

why? are you sure?

so on there site they said there minima requirement for Commerce was 35 points, did they mean 35/42.i dont feel safe since my predicted score is 36/42, and my mid year grades are 35/42 points.

What do you mean "why?" It's their policy, not mine. If you want to be sure, you can check their site yourself. They're not hiding the info, and it's not hard to find.

sorry, for some reason i confused unofficial with unconditional. i read too fast...

congrats, so by unoffical i guess they sent you a mail then. which other business unis are you applying to, and what order are your choices?

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak

Yes, I'd say your mock exams are crucial. I say this because in my school (and other Canadian IB schools to my knowledge) base university transcript submissions on your predicted/anticipated marks.

So it would be of your best interest to nail your mocks and get a high predicted so you will at minimum get a conditional acceptance to the school of your choice.

I am not saying however that your mocks are more important than your actual IB exams because some universities may revoke your acceptance if you have a much lower IB score than your predicted.

However, an IB senior I once knew was predicted a 34, but ended up with a 27 and was still admitted into UoT St.George campus...

Theres really no use in asking yourselves silly questions like these, just study and you will turn out fine.

no im saying the mocks for the second year.

i have my predicted grades based on the exam for the end of the first year, now i have mock exams coming up in march. im asking because ill only have 2 weeks to study, and all exams all crammed together in an 8 day period. i dont think ill do as well in these mock exams as in my finals. Also, i heard that McGill would still offer you a place in your course even if your final grades are a few points lower than the predicted.

but you're right, ill study as hard as i can

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak

no im saying the mocks for the second year.

i have my predicted grades based on the exam for the end of the first year, now i have mock exams coming up in march. im asking because ill only have 2 weeks to study, and all exams all crammed together in an 8 day period. i dont think ill do as well in these mock exams as in my finals. Also, i heard that McGill would still offer you a place in your course even if ur final grades are a few points lower than the predicted.

but ur right, ill study as hard as i can

The senior year mocks do not matter much, since by this time your grades would already have been sent to your schools. I don't know about your school, but my school does not change predicted grades unless your mock exam grade differs from your predicted grade by more than 1 point.

Generally, universities will accept a few points below predicted if the offer conditions are not specified, but you should check with the university just in case.

• 1 month later...