Spanish B Oral Topic

Chrissytd

• 2 weeks later...

To talk about the singularity of the economical crisis in Spain might be an interesting topic. You could talk about the particularity of the "building" problem (as we call it around here) and how it aggravated the situation.

I don't know what you're looking for, but I can tip you a bit, as I'm spanish :D

Well if you want a topic that's easy to talk about and to research you can talk about the so called "Drug-War" that's going on here in México, or if you want something a bit different you could talk about The Day of the Dead which is one of the cultural aspects of México that appeal the most to foreigners.

Hope I helped

• 2 months later...

Do something cultural, maybe a festival or something like that?

Also, try to keep the topic narrow enough where you can talk about it for the alloted time, but keep it wide enough so that the instructors can ask good questions, and not difficult ones (if your vocabulary is a bit limited) :)

I won't say much, but my topic generally focused is on The Amazon Rainforest.

I know what my focus is for my topic, but I posted it to give you an idea of what you can do your oral on. :)

Personally I did the concept of the siesta as it applies to hispanic culture and how its affected their psyche versus other cultures. It's really easy to talk about if you know how to break sentence down into laymans terms as well as being quite informative AND a fun topic. I've always hated talking about deep subjects, and naps are always a fun time <_<

Edited by I'm Not Chinese

Personally I did the concept of the siesta as it applies to hispanic culture and how its affected their psyche versus other cultures. It's really easy to talk about if you know how to break sentence down into laymans terms as well as being quite informative AND a fun topic. I've always hated talking about deep subjects, and naps are always a fun time <_<

This deviates from the topic, but I thought about doing this well!

Would the Blacks and Whites' Carnival in Colombia be a good topic?

As long as you can up 3 main ideas, then it'd probably be a good topic. You already have a specific object/place (which, for me, was the hardest part), so if you can find the rest of your thesis (what are you going to talk about that includes the Carnival) then you should do well. Just be sure to know completely about your topic. It actually sounds fun, so you'll be able to seem enthusiastic during your oral.

Personally I did the concept of the siesta as it applies to hispanic culture and how its affected their psyche versus other cultures. It's really easy to talk about if you know how to break sentence down into laymans terms as well as being quite informative AND a fun topic. I've always hated talking about deep subjects, and naps are always a fun time :(

As long as you can up 3 main ideas, then it'd probably be a good topic. You already have a specific object/place (which, for me, was the hardest part), so if you can find the rest of your thesis (what are you going to talk about that includes the Carnival) then you should do well. Just be sure to know completely about your topic. It actually sounds fun, so you'll be able to seem enthusiastic during your oral.

Would these be sufficient information?

Link 1

Link 2

Personally I did the concept of the siesta as it applies to hispanic culture and how its affected their psyche versus other cultures. It's really easy to talk about if you know how to break sentence down into laymans terms as well as being quite informative AND a fun topic. I've always hated talking about deep subjects, and naps are always a fun time :(

Would these be sufficient information?

Link 1

Link 2

You're on the right track with those sites, it might help to find 1 or 2 more. Also make sure your title is worded as a question trying to prove something. For example, "la importancia de El Carnaval en el socidedad de la Republica Dominicana" instead of "El Carnaval en la Republica Dominicana"

• 2 weeks later...

My teacher said that it shouldn't sound like I'm trying to memorize information, how can I prevent that?

Know and be familiar with your information. Also study the appropriate vocabulary and the structure of your speech/outline. When you do your oral, construct the sentences along the way relating information about your topic to your outline. Basically, use your skills to talk about your topic.