Anyone interested in compiling notes?

theloserwins

Can I help compile notes? I'm a neat freak and absolutely love organizing things :yes:

Maybe at the beginning of the compiled notes we can have a copy of the syllabus, so people can kinda use it as a checklist as they work through the compiled notes?

Oh, would be awesome if they work like the question banks too. Able to search by topic and SL/HL :)

OHHHHH... nice idea! i like this one :) plain and simple way to get a hold of the exact compiled notes you need :)

;)

I recommend we start with biology? Sound good. See how it works out.

Biology is a good start... even though I don't take it... but could I help compile stuff? the teacher in bio at our school has a power point presentation he made for each topic of the bio SL and HL syllabus and he uses the syllabus as a checklist... I could ask him if I could have them for some friends in IB to use, I bet he wouldn't mind :) We can just switch them into a document form instead of a power point.

How can I help out? could I work on compiling history, or even bio although I don't take it?

Do you have some method in which you would like to go about compiling notes? If not, I have a few suggestions... Let me know :P

What about: have a page that lists all of the subjects (both HL and SL seperately). You click on one subject, it takes you to the syllabus, and than you click on a category in the syllabus and it spins you down to that section in the notes, and there could be a hyperlink that says "all notes" and it would take you to the entire set of compiled notes for that specific topic

or is that too complicated?

Sooo

- Class

- SL/HL

- Topic

- Objective

Exactly ;)

But I suggested putting under the objectives a hyperlink to the notes as a whole... so the the compiled notes of the whole topic, not split up into objectives, cause some people prefer to break things down while others prefer it all in a bulk :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

You know what, I personally do not really see the point in notes compiling because:

1. It is going to be hard compiling many people's notes unless the notes are all typed in Ms. Word

2. Notes can be uploaded in the Files section

3. People's notes will roughly be almost the same -- different words, same meaning -- so it'll be redundant unless you are willing to read through every single thing and make changes

You may want to ask Graeme if you want IBS to host the app. I am afraid that it will be available to VIP and VIP subscribers only, though. Adding both textbook review and note compilation apps would be awesome but I honestly favour the latter less than the former.

@ Desy:

well we can work like this. Everyone works on a section in the syllabus. then we upload everything and if anyone wants to add anything they can add it as perhaps a comment. Then if the comment gets a lot of thumbs up admin can add it.. Its a lot of work. But you can't go anywhere without putting effort in what you do.

@ timtamboy63:

ya i can help you out with it, but is it possible we do it after mocks :)