So... did you like it?

YES!!!apart from the horrible work loads, IB gave me a very exciting, memorable, fun, crazy time and opportunity to meet many weird IBers in my school as well as in the world:D. and I actually enjoyed doing my EE and TOK presentation very much! :P (go to youtube and type "Rossall School TOK" if you are interested :P). I've learnt a lot of new things. so yes, thumb up for IB! XD

Surely i did!

Apart from the first year, which was really disasterous, the IB programme was a wonderful opportunity for me. The best part of the IB, aside from having such great friends, is the IA in every subject. I really enjoyed doing them all. Although they took so much of my efforts and time, i felt satisfied when completing them. The worst part of the IB were the oral exams, i'm terrible at speaking, and i get nervous and things get worse when i run out of things to say, uhhh, i don't want to remember the days of the oral exams!!

The EE was enjoyable too, with so many topics in my mind to choose from. Also the books we studied for English A2 were really fascinating, especially Lord of the Flies :P

Studying chemistry was one of the greatest thing about IB. IB chemistry is one of a kind. I liked it. :P

• Like 1

I almost feel as though the way that the IB is designed almost makes you build stronger friendships. Everyone is going through the same crap together, and ultimately it brings them closer. So despite going through a roller-coaster academically (especially in year 13), I had the two best years of my life. I built incredibly close friendships and actually improved a lot as a person - the IB demands a certain discipline when it comes to working and approaching life in general. Obviously all of the changes I've experienced in these two years can't be credited to the IB, but I'm sure that it had some contribution.

It's easy to say this in hindsight, though. If you asked me 6 months ago I'd have said that the IB is a living hell :P

No. The IB sucked. Too many teachers were bad, our school didn't have it together and the students who chose IB seem to all be very individual and goal oriented (hence, barely any social activity). Also, since people were from all over the world noone seemed interested in strong friendships because we know we're never gonna see each other again. The IB is a good stepping stone but it surely was very rarely enjoyable.