How many students at your school got 6 or 7's in their courses?

White Boy

Maths HL

2008: 0 7 5 6s

2009: 3 7s 5 6s

2010: ??

all out of approximately 20~25 people

Physics HL

2008: 0 7 2 6s

2009: 0 7 2 6s

all out of approximately 10 people

Chem HL

2008: 0 7 2 6s

2009: 0 7 0 6

all out of 20 people

... yeah it is a bad school. What do you want? lol

Edited by tdubthebassist

Only one of our class got a 7 in HL Chem (and went on to get 45 overall!), largely because we actually had no Chemistry teacher for all of IB2... which sucked. Then 3 people got a 6, 2 a 5 and everybody else 4 or below. We only had one person do HL Physics, and they got a 6, and the highest score in HL Maths (out of 5 people) was a 4. Our school actually had pretty good scores overall, it's just especially HL Maths and Chem are very difficult. :)

Then again some subjects had very high rates of 6s and 7s. We had all 6s and 7s in English A1, SL and HL (except for 1 SL person who got a 5 because they were doing it as a second language.. so to be honest, getting a 5 was pretty good!).

Overall for all subjects we had 68% 6s and 7s (28% 7 and 40% 6).

In our school, where the IB programme is newly introduced, we have few students overall (7 students only). Only one student got 7 in Chemistry, though the others got pretty good scores.

Math HL: highest score was 6.

Arabic A1 SL: 2 students got 7.

English A2 SL: highest 6.

Biology HL: highest 6.

Business and Management SL: highest 6.

That was the first batch which graduated in May 2009, so things weren't fully prepared for them, but they did better than expected :) .

our school had pretty good scores

for HL chemistry, everyone got 7s or 6s except 2pp; (there were approx 23 ppl doing HL).

HL math, im not so sure of its statistics but i know a handful of people got 6s.

Physics, a few people got 7s as well approx 50% of the candidates in our school got 7 for physics, im not sure if its HL or SL or combined..

other than that, i do japanese, practically everyone got 7 for that, er, history isnt that great im not sure if anyone got a 7 in that, i dnt think so

Um, english.. everyone does english as first lang in our school, we had a couple of 7s in that too.

Just based on the people I've talked to since marks were released, it went something like this (keep in mind my IB class consisted of 10 people):

English A1 HL: Everyone I've talked to got a 4 or 5. At most, I expect a single 6 out of our entire class.

French B SL: This course wasn't offered this year, but last year there was only one 6, and that was me. The rest of the class got 5 or below.

French B HL: From what I've heard, everyone got a 5. There is one student in the class who I expect got a 7, but I have yet to confirm that.

History of Europe and the Islamic World HL: As far as I've heard, everyone in my class got a 4 except for me; I got a 6.

Biology SL: Only one person took Biology at SL this year; he got a 5.

Biology HL: Everyone I've talked to got either a 4 or 5, though I think one person may have gotten a 6.

Chemistry SL: I'm pretty sure the whole class (4 people) got 3s and 4s.

Chemistry HL: I got a 6, the two other people in my class got a 3 and a 4.

Maths SL: I got a 7, the rest of the class got 5 or below.

Music SL: The entire class (3 people) got 6s.

A very liberal estimate of the greatest number of 6s and 7s in any single course (other than Music) would be 2. I'd say that in each course (once again, other than music), there was one 6 or 7, and no others. There were, however, a great deal of 5s in every course other than chemistry and music.

Maths HL:

2008 - all 6s and below

2009 - 1x7, 1x6 and the rest below

2010 - 3x7, loads of 6s and a few 5s, 4s, 3s etc...

Physics HL:

2008 - 1x7, 2x6 and the rest below

2009 - 0x7, 1x6 and the rest below

2010 - 4x7 and the remaining 4 below

Economics HL:

Usually around 2-4 7s, loads of 6s, some 5s and 4s. Pretty consistently decent.

Basically, usually 0-1 person gets 7s in HL maths and HL physics, but this year you'll notice a high number of 7s in maths and physics, the reason being that we had 3-4 very high scoring students who all took maths/physics HL.

I don't know about the rest of the classes in my school, but in the SL Economics class of 24, 22 people got a 7. The other two got a 6. Apparently the teacher is amazing though. Good thing I'm taking SL Econ next year :P

OK. The economics HL teacher in my year is said to be good as well, at least she's an examiner. And the history teacher is also excellent, and most of his students love history. Strange.

The majority of people in our history department got 6's and 7's-ninety percent acccording to our teachers.

English=25% got a 6 0r 7

Physics I cannot confirm, but mainly 1 or 2 sixes and sevens out of fifteen.

Math, we had 6/50 get a six or seven...

Chem= None.

Yeah for math and science our school sucks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Math SL: avg score 6.3-6.5, around 80 candidates/year

Physics SL: avg score 6.4, around 20 candidates/year

Chemistry HL: avg score 5.3, around 40 candidates/year

My school has a relatively small population/course selection, but there's always at least one person who'll get a 7 in any subject. I personally think it's a combination of the strength of the teaching as well as your own personal dedication to what you're learning.