What subjects are you taking/did you take?

I'll be taking Malay SL(compulsory cause I'm a Malaysia dweller)

English HL

Biology HL

Chemistry HL

Econs SL

Maths SL.

but I'm planning to take 4 highers. so, I might be taking maths HL. but some of my friends said, nooo, it's like a highway to hell. I won't have time to revise and whatnot. and I'm still considering.. what d'ya say? dya think I should go for it or 3 highers is enough?

It will be hard, yes, but it's not impossible. Remember that you can always drop one, if it's too difficult, but you can't change from SL to HL as easily. So go for it and see how it feels.

• 2 weeks later...

I took...

Biology HL

Chemistry HL

Mathematics HL

ITGS SL

Malay A1 SL

English B SL

I was okay with these except for Math. Hahaha. At my place, we cannot choose whether to take SL or HL or Math Studies. It depends on the administration. So, I was stuck with Math HL and to be honest, it was my worst subject ever. Never get 7 or 6; the highest grade that I was able to achieve was 5. Well, in my batch, 7 for Math HL was quite rare. There were only few of them that managed to score 7; the rest were 6 and below.

I'll be taking Malay SL(compulsory cause I'm a Malaysia dweller)

English HL

Biology HL

Chemistry HL

Econs SL

Maths SL.

but I'm planning to take 4 highers. so, I might be taking maths HL. but some of my friends said, nooo, it's like a highway to hell. I won't have time to revise and whatnot. and I'm still considering.. what d'ya say? dya think I should go for it or 3 highers is enough?

Which college are you attending?

And I've done Math HL.Yeah,it could be a highway to hell!Hahaha.Unless you are pretty damn genius in Math,I suggest you just stick with the SL.Both HL and SL students learn the same things but when it comes to exam,the HL questions are way too difficult.Even my lecturers admit that Math HL is very tough.

Both HL and SL students learn the same things but when it comes to exam,the HL questions are way too difficult.

Yes, it is harder, but it's not impossible. I haven't done it myself, but there were 10 candidates in my year, and I don't think any of them risk failing. And as for HL learning the same things as SL that's true, but HL also learn a lot more. If you're into maths, take HL and see what happens.

English A2 HL

Biology HL

Psychology HL

Finnish A1 SL

French ab initio SL

Math Studies SL

I was wondering if this combination is too ´soft´? I've been thinking of maybe studying something related to law, criminology, psychology or forensic science (Hah, as you can see I'm not exactly sure yet). Unfortunately, the only science subject that I'd like to add to my subjects is chemistry, but it has a timetable clash with psychology! :blink: What should I do? Take a ´hard science´ chemistry HL or stick with the psychology?

English A2 HL

Biology HL

Psychology HL

Finnish A1 SL

French ab initio SL

Math Studies SL

I was wondering if this combination is too ´soft´? I've been thinking of maybe studying something related to law, criminology, psychology or forensic science (Hah, as you can see I'm not exactly sure yet). Unfortunately, the only science subject that I'd like to add to my subjects is chemistry, but it has a timetable clash with psychology! :blink: What should I do? Take a ´hard science´ chemistry HL or stick with the psychology?

If you want to go to into Psychology, I'd suggest you stick with Psych. When you go into college, you'll have an advantage, but not a big one.

Heey

i'm taking

SPANISH HL

ENGLISH B HL

HISTORY HL

MATHS SL

BIOLOGY SL

VISUAL ARTS SL

last year i've taken English A2 HL but this year i'm in English B HL

my advise is to take english B deeeeefenetely. My mother tongue is Spanish but i've been learning english since I was 4 and if you find yourself in a similar situation, you are capable of totally taking English B, not study AT ALL and getting a B as the wwwworse mark. But for english A2 it gets more complicated, you have to write essays and read a lot of books which its not impossible nor very difficult, but take into consideration you have many other subjects that require a lot of study and concentration and by taking english B it's like you have one less subject.

Also i'm taking History HL.... today I sat for a paper 2

I advise you to choose it totally. my decision to take this subject was because i've ALWAYS loved history and it was this or social and cultural anthropology HL so...

Its true you have to study A LOT really

there are mmmmmmmany topics for Paper 1, Paper 2 y Paper 3. With paper 1 there are less topics to study but I find it much difficult than the other papers as it involves source analysis (which i suck at). But for paper 2 and paper 3 you have to write many essays in so little time. I never get to fully develop all my ideas

Anywayyyy chose it!! The only disadvantage is that you are given EXTREMELY short time for ssso much writing

hope you find it usefull!

Edited by veck

English A2 HL

Biology HL

Psychology HL

Finnish A1 SL

French ab initio SL

Math Studies SL

Well, if you want to study forensic science, you'll need chemistry, but you won't need psychology to study psychology (I think).

• 1 month later...

English A2 HL

Biology HL

Psychology HL

Finnish A1 SL

French ab initio SL

Math Studies SL

I was wondering if this combination is too ´soft´? I've been thinking of maybe studying something related to law, criminology, psychology or forensic science (Hah, as you can see I'm not exactly sure yet). Unfortunately, the only science subject that I'd like to add to my subjects is chemistry, but it has a timetable clash with psychology! :) What should I do? Take a ´hard science´ chemistry HL or stick with the psychology?

That's my combination too! Except for norwegian instead of finnish and spanish instead of french and Math SL instead of Studies... ;P

Edited by Heysoulsister

What do you think about having 3 languages?

English A1 HL

Math HL

Economics HL

Biology SL

Slovak A1 SL

German Ab. SL

People scare me with Math HL but I'm going to try it. I don't have much experience with math but I think I have the interest and I might give it a shot, what do you think? Also I'm still not sure whether I should take Biology or Chemistry.

I took

English A1 HL

French B SL

History HL

Biology HL

Math SL

Chem SL

and Physics SL as an extra.

My school only offered one stream for IB, the only thing you could really do for an IB diploma was make Physics count instead of Chem. Having Physics during the year was annoying, because nearly everyone else in my year in IB had a spare block. Looking back, I'm glad I took it because now I get some university credit and I think I got better marks than I would have if I had taken it in the summer.

Given the choice, I would have taken a group 2 language ab initio, like Gujarati, which would be cool because my family speaks it but I know almost nothing, and then I could read and write in the subject.

Also, I would have taken Math HL and History SL.

haha, my school forces us to do English A1 HL and History of the Americas HL, which IDK if I would have done.

Although I am predicted sevens for both, so I guess it may turn out for the best.

Here is my schedule:

English A1 HL

History of the Americas HL

Chemistry HL

Physics SL

French SL (I might take a fourth HL in French)

Maths SL

My school doesn't offer Maths HL or Physics HL, which I would have taken instead of chemistry.

• 1 month later...

My subjects are in my signature, but I will write them out.

English A1 HL - Required

Spanish B HL

History of Europe HL - Required

Chemistry HL

Mathematics SL

Visual Arts SL (my school only offers it at SL)

The only thing I don't like is English A1 at HL. Given a choice I definitely would be doing SL and not HL since I'm not that strong in English. I mean, I can read a book and understand its general meaning, but I'm not the best analyzer. Other than that, I wouldn't change any of my subjects.

Hey,

I'm going to choose my subjects, and I really would like to know if you regret any of your subject choices and why, or if you don't regret any. :)

It would be great if any of you are taking/did take business & management, ITGS, English A2 HL, Biology or History HL. - I'm going to choose either ITGS HL, B&M HL or History HL and I would appreciate any advice!!

- Thanks! :)

• Maths HL - I'm definitely a Maths person, so i'm actually enjoying Maths HL.
  • Physics HL - Not doing too bad, just finding some of the labs annoying to type up. Other than that, no regrets
  • Chemistry HL - Love this class, its pretty awesome and fun, we go into a lot of depth, and this stuff has always intrigued me :) No regrets
  • English A1 SL- Is required, though i'm doing quite well, so I definately don't regret it
  • Economics SL - I need a social science, and Economics sounded more fun than History :) But yeah, im topping my class in this one as well, so definately no regrets here
  • Spanish Ab Initio Online - I would have much preferred to do it a real classroom, rather than online, but there was a clash with physics. I've just started this course, so i can't really comment on it