UK conditional offers

Teddy_The_Bear

Sorry, Teddy_The_Bear, I can not answer your question but I have a similar one thus I'd like to share it.

What happens if I satisfy the requirements of conditional offers? Is my place guaranteed in that case or I still have to wait for the confirmation from the university?

I looked for the answer on ucas and tried googling it, but nobody talks about it. I guess its pretty clear for most people.

Teddy, as far as I'm concerned, if you have met the requirements for the conditional or the non-conditional agreement, you get in. If you have one to two points lower, you have to wait and hope they will accept you, because they still might accept you even if you didn't meet the requirements. Be positive and hope, however, that you have done your best and scored what you wished for :(

As for Dzeb, we had a UCAS presentation here a couple of months ago. As far as I understood from them, if you have reached your conditionals, you've got the spot. That's why they're conditionals - they are not satisfied with the predicted marks, but if you reach the conditional marks, they take you.

Kaneele :D

hummm if you are going to somewhere like Oxford or Cambridge and has done with the interview, you are most likely to get in even though you did not fulfill your requirements. Being selected from the interview means they 'want' to take you. If your IB exam results are very close to your condition, and if there are some reasonable reasons (i.e your Internal assessment was harshly taken down by examiners unintentionally, or this year's exam was particularly harder than last year without any changes of boundaries, special recommendation from one or two teachers, etc...) they are most likely to be taken anyway.

However, if you have not done the interview with your chosen university, unless your brilliant and your personal statements show you, it is not very likely to get a spot from a university. BUT you can negotiate with them and can get away with it.

I know 3 people (yeah I know! 3 people!) who got into Cambridge without actually fulfilling the requirements. They had perfect recommendations from teachers and A-level that year was particularly hard I guess.

Ok, well then I suppose my argument will be that the subject that I'm dragged down by is not even relevant to my future studies...It's spanish...when I want to do Comp Sci =/. I'm just hoping that uni has a low amount of applicants or something like that...

unfortunately you have to. Why didn't you apply to UBC or any Canadian universities where IB is well respected and conditions are low?

which university are we talking about?

Edited by tdubthebassist

Ok, well then I suppose my argument will be that the subject that I'm dragged down by is not even relevant to my future studies...It's spanish...when I want to do Comp Sci =/. I'm just hoping that uni has a low amount of applicants or something like that...

unfortunately you have to. Why didn't you apply to UBC or any Canadian universities where IB is well respected and conditions are low?

Already have an acceptance into UBC. I just want UK more thats all =/

Already have an acceptance into UBC. I just want UK more thats all =/

oh well then, why are you so worrying about it? UBC is excellent for computer science!

Generally UCL give very reasonable initial offers and then lower offers to people they particularly liked, so I'm really not sure what their policies are re: people who miss out. I expect it would depend by how much and what you'd applied for. Which course, wys?

UCL are generally really speedy with offers and interviews XD It's just their ethos, I think, it doesn't necessarily mean you had a winningly brilliant application or that you're more likely to get accepted even if you miss out on your offer (although I'm sure people do! xP). Some UK unis apparently have no such ethos and prefer to leave you hanging for aaaages... I applied to Bristol and they took a ridiculously long time! Just depends on the department and university :P

well. UCL said that they will make their decision after 15th of Jan when everyone was done with application. But only 2 days after I sent my application, they sent me a message 'Admissions like you, you are most likely to get in'. I was very happy about that! and a day later, Bristol accepted me too.

well, I declined both of them anyway. Imperial on the other hand took a long long time.

Firm is University of Newcastle... requirement is 29, I'm afraid I'll be a few points off... =/

you will get 29! don't worry:)....I'm the one who is totally srewed XD. I'm sure that I won't get enough point for Imperial :P

Wow, how do you think you did? what was the requirement...

Edited by Aboo
No text speak! - Aboo