Which subjects do generally require more/less effort than others?

stylusdef

Guest mr_whatsisname

well i must say that math hl is quite hard (it must be because i suck at it :wub: ) but in general languages are easier than science classes...

i must say that i find ITGS hl is my easiest subject because i am a big IT freak and that lesson actually tests me on my own life :D ...so i find it relatively easy... it even has easier IAs then the ITGS SL which have to do a project :D

Dan: You are doing Japanese? Wow that deos sound like a real challenge, but nonetheless, very interesting.

I would say perhaps Physics and Maths - not neccessarily because these are the "hardest" subject, but just people people normally feel that they're having difficulties with them.

Ab initio langages probably depend a lot on what language you take... If you are speaking English and take german or spanish, it will probably not be very hard.. On the other hand, Mandarin and japanese will probably be pretty har to pass if you do not make sure to study a lot...

Environmental Systems is a really good subject for those who feel that chem/bio/phys might be a bit too hard. I usually make sure to get a little nap-time during those lessons.

(The bad thing about ES is that it seems to be a bit hard to find good sources of information if you do not know specifically what you are looking for. Hopefully I am wrong on this point!)

Guest PollyPeptide

Mostly people consider Maths and Physics HL to be the hardest ones. Biology could be hard because it's so much to remember. But I think it's either Physics or Maths that has the biggest difference between SL and HL.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whatever

i think ITGS HL would be the easiest higher subject because it only requires us to use our brains and is better than sciences at HLlevel

Biology HL would be the easiest from the sciences too .. coz i see alot of people taking it each year than Highe level Chmesitry or Physics .

HL chem is easier than HL bio in my friend's opinion. physics is hardest hands down.

Eco is easiest humanity hands down. Followed by geo then history.

English A1 isn't that bad. Maths HL is annoying.

Completely agree with you on the sciences, though math is probably the easiest of them all.

English HL...well this class is the one thing IN MY LIFE that i regret ever doing. Too bad I never got a choice to pick, but still.

As far as humanities, we've had the same teacher mostly for my first 2 years of pre-IB and now I got him again so I feel the class isn't all that hard.

But going back to english, I think that if it wasn't for this class, I"d have about 25 hours more a week to do other things, it just takes too much time, time that I simply don't like to WASTE on English homework :P

• 2 years later...