Which Session Are You?

BIO-AQUA

Which IB Examination Session Are You?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose your session from the choices below..

• May 2006 or before
    • November 2006
    • May 2007
    • November 2007
    • May 2008
    • November 2008
    • May 2009
    • November 2009
    • May 2010 or after

:) You're supposed to get all your IA's by mid junior year and your EE the first days of junior year. On top of that there's CAS and group 4. So you're telling me you've NEVER done an AI yet? :) amazing

no see we START IB in Junior year :) we start IAs either end of junior year, or beginning of senior year. our IA dealines at my school was beginning of the 2nd semester in senior year. i.e feb/march 2007 :)

no see we START IB in Junior year :) we start IAs either end of junior year, or beginning of senior year. our IA dealines at my school was beginning of the 2nd semester in senior year. i.e feb/march 2007 :)

Ya...it's probably our school, since it's new, our IB coordinator wants to have all the papers done like a year before the deadlines. We got our EE the first day of school, our Math IAs...last year actually, the world lit. last week and the IOP net week. All our deadlines for IA's are in junior year and the EE and other papers are due around october of senior year.

that's crazy! you need to give the students enough time to understand what's going on before throwing everything at them. I would've done **** in all IAs if we had to do them as soon as we got into the program. But looks liek you guys start IB much earlier so I guess it's not the same with you

that's crazy! you need to give the students enough time to understand what's going on before throwing everything at them. I wou;ld've done **** in all IAs if we had to do them as soon as we got into the program. But looks liek you guys start IB much earlier so I guess it's not the same with u

Ok i don't know if this is news around here...but whilst in IB you're bound to GET SCREWED, and our IB program is getting out of control, too many candidates, not enough certified teachers, all we have is alot of money. It's not that we start earlier, only about 20 kids are doing extra advanced math which is why our IA's seem to be early, and only 2 of us had to do our Math IA's on ninth grade, but it's just cause we were advnaced. It's good that i found this forum though :) now I understand A LOT more things about IB that I would've never known otherwise.

but I still don't understand anything about your IB system :) lol

Well...the reason why it looks to you as being super weird, is maybe because of the advance programs here: you can skip or take multiple classes the same year to get ahead of everyone else. Our IB program is the same as yours, but its everything else that's different. Imagine you took whatever class comes before Math SL on 9th grade. What would happen in your school? Would you take Math SL on 10th? See this is why our IB program is failing, too many kids are too advanced to be in the IB...in a way, they're too smart for IB. They're going to end up forbidding advance kids to go into IB if this keeps going, because all they do in my school is exceptions for advanced kids who MUST take IB classes at wrong times, but there's nothing the school can do. If they prohibit them to take the class it'd be like making them repeat a grade, which is unnacceptable. But if they let them take an IB class before 11th grade, then the IB program might be questioned by IBO and we might loose the license.

Are there advance kids in your school? more than normal?

advanced kids in my school DO IB! they just do the harder subject e.g math HL, physics HL, Futher maths SL etc... they're pretty demanding subjects; and I'm guessing your school isn't a normal american public school is it? because I've seen what the idiots in the states put up for an education system there. urgh I don't even want to remember those days tutoring my cousin for her 9th grade finals :) it was hell!

advanced kids in my school DO IB! they just do the harder subject e.g math HL, physics HL, Futher maths SL etc... they're pretty demanding subjects; and I'm guessing your school isn't a normal american public school is it? because I've seen what the idiots in the states put up for an education system there. urgh I don't even want to remember those days tutoring my cousin for her 9th grade finals :) it was hell!

Kinda out of topic...but whats with everyone being against the US!?!? :) I don't mind though, it's true that our education system is going to hell. But to answer your question, our school isn't a regular public school, it's one of those that has enough money to offer any program for free, we have the second most AP classes offered and the second largest number of students overall. Also one of the biggest IB candidates per-year and the shcool is only 4 years old. But it makes no difference, all schools around the "states" have kids who advance past any IB class offered.

You mentioned that advanced kids in your school do IB and take HL math, but what if theres a kid who's taken an AP class which is more advanced than Math HL and is a junior, i.e. me. See IB thinks that since i'm too advanced i should drop this year's credit, calculus BC, and take math studies, because there is ANOTHER problem here. Since i already took classes up to calculus 2, i cant retake calculus, its against the law (the gov. doesnt wanna pay a class twice) so even though the right choice for me would be Math HL, Math HL = Calculus 1/2 law-wise. So you know what they told me to do? Take math studies...

See it's not our school exactly, its the whole american edu. system. It's not adapted for IB, this links to the pittsburgh incident: see the kids were arguing IB is communist, well of course it looks like that! they want to advance yet IB says you can't start until you're in 11th grade, and that you can't take classes higher than HL. Though that's off topic sorry...

PS: shoutbox would be soooo helpful right now :) Oh and thanks for the title thing, i change it though i still cant find it by myself, i had to use your link.

Edited by ezex

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA math studies? dude! come on I don't even classify that as a maths :)

I'm against the american edu system because it clearly focuses too much specification. I believe there is more to a person than one thing, hence why I did IB in the first place. Plus above mentioned cousin was not one of these advanced students, she ended up in CC now because her teachers didn't give two rat's asses about her because she was a C student... that's something wrong there!

but yea it all sounds very complicated the way you're mentioning it :)