Clockwise or Counterclockwise?

cixelsyD

a9sj85jc8.gif

Which way is the girl spinning?

If you see her spinning clockwise, it means that you use the right side of your brain more. If she is turning counter clockwise for you, it means you use your left brain more.

At first, I could only see her go counter clockwise, but after starting at it for like 10 minutes, I was finally able to see it the other way........... then I couldn't switch back again LoL. Now I can switch back and forth pretty quickly, but I still have some trouble switching back from clockwise to counterclockwise, although I see her spin counterclockwise first.

If you can't see her spin in the other direction, maybe these will help =P I outlined the part that I believe makes this thing an illusion

96006485fv9.png

77087333qk4.png

Edited by cixelsyD

at first i was staring into it...and then i was like...huh? spinning the other way??..at that time I was looking at her foot shadow and staring at it helped me see it..later I stared into space but paid attention to her outstretched arm and I force myself to think the arm is twirling the other way or instead of coming outwards but going inwards sorta thing...hey..pretty awesome..

O and for reference, Here's a list of left-brain/right-brain qualities

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses logic

detail oriented

facts rule

words and language

present and past

math and science

can comprehend

knowing

acknowledges

order/pattern perception

knows object name

reality based

forms strategies

practical

safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling

"big picture" oriented

imagination rules

symbols and images

present and future

philosophy & religion

can "get it" (i.e. meaning)

believes

appreciates

spatial perception

knows object function

fantasy based

presents possibilities

impetuous

risk taking

Uh....are you psychic??? lol. Because I swear this is creepy. I was in the library computer lab yesterday and this girl next to me was looking at this exact same picture on the her screen!! And now I see it here! Weird.

Anyway, I stil can't see it clockwise. Guess I'm totally seeing it from the left side of my brain.

EDIT: Ok now I see it clockwise. But still after a while I switched back to counterclockwise.

Uh....are you psychic??? lol. Because I swear this is creepy. I was in the library computer lab yesterday and this girl next to me was looking at this exact same picture on the her screen!! And now I see it here! Weird.

haha.. well, I found it on another forum so I'm thinking this picture is being passed around the internet right now, since it is pretty cool =D

While I was trying to work out wat direction it was going it changed and then changed and.... I am just confused but I think it was first counterclockwise, but I had only been looking at it for several seconds before it changed.

Edited by Bandev

hahahaha that's so cool! If you can see it from both (not that i can) does it mean you use your right and left brain equally? Or say you see it only counterclock, then you see it clock and can't 're-see' it as counterclock does that indicate anything about your brain's function? curious :D

i cant see it counterclockwisee!!! and ive been staring at it for the past 10 minutes!!

Don't know if this'll help, but it's worth a shot haha

counter1ny9.png

counter2xz3.png

counter3bv5.png

Now, on this last image, try to imagine the right leg sticking out in front rather than behind the dancer. I put dots where the eyes would be

Edited by cixelsyD

This is confusing!!!!! First she was spinning clcokwise but suddenly she changed direction! And now I can not see her spinning clockwise again!

Try concentrating on her feet. At one point in her rotation you should see something "out of the ordinary" then you should be able to see her spin the other way.

I'm not exactly sure how to describe what you look for but if you look at the images people have posted it should help out a lot.

Wow I showed my dad yesterday and he started rotating his finger in the clockwise direction in front of the screen. When he did that, the dancer changed directions and started spinning the opposite way... then he rotated his finger the other way and the dancer switched directions again..

Then he decided to annoy me by making semi-circles with his finger.. the dancer's rotating leg never made it to the back of her body ^_^