Future IB students

Bishup

Nope! But if you go to an American secondary school [high school] you have to take those courses. Many colleges ask for 2-3 years of history [can include world history and European history], but even this isn't a requirement for international students. =)

Thanks for the response. But I'm in a sticky situation because I'm a US citizen who studies abroad. Therefore I have no idea which category I fall in. :D

Starting IB in late August! I believe our pre-IB years are going to be nothing like IB. It's been so laid back, I don't think I'll ever take it for granted after this year, lol.

English 3 HL

US History HL

Theatre Arts HL

German 3 SL

Bio SL

Math (Calc) SL

Interesting.. you're taking calculus already? So you'll sit for the math exam in May?

I'm starting this fall, its my schools first experience with the IB.

HL:

Biology

Chemistry

English

SL:

Math

Psychology

Italian Ab Initio

I'm extremely behind in chemistry as I've barely studied it in school and taking it at a higher level. Otherwise I'm excited for the IB!

Haha yeah. IB does assume you have previous knowledge.. nothing to fret about yet, though.

But don't be lured into this pitfall:

Yeaah I read that article and got a bit worried, I guess we'll just have to see what kind of teachers I get when school starts.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sitting in November 2011, and I just put in my subject form..

I signed up for SL English A1, SL French B (I would have done that at HL, but my school doesn't offer it), HL History, HL Maths, HL Chemistry and HL Biology.

But I'm thinking about changing one of the sciences to Spanish ab initio.

Hi

My current courses are:

English HL

Business and Management HL

Chemistry SL

French SL

Math SL

For my last HL course should I take biology HL or history hl? Which is easier? I am thinking of doing something commerce related but I am not too sure so I am wondering if i should take biology instead of history to keep my doors open even though I enjoy history more?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in pre-IB and I'm starting the diploma next September :P

I'm thinking of taking:

HL: English A1, Biology, Chemistry

SL: French B, Economics, Math

Does anyone think that my subject choices are too difficult/easy? I need some advice as I want to be a doctor when I'm older. I was also wondering if I should take Economics HL instead of Chemistry HL, and drop Chemistry to SL, to keep my options open. Thanks for any advice!