medicine

Bishup

Romania has a very good medical school, someone from here went there. He doesn't speak Romanian (or didn't), so I'm pretty sure they teach in English.

And 2 of my friends from the Lycee Francais here went to Lyon to study medicine.

Thinking of applying in Germany. Either in Charite Berlin or Heidelberg, will have to see.

When you want to do something heart related, Berlin is the right place though I heard. There is a clinic especially for that branch.

You would have to be able to speak German though and when you are a foreigner, you either have to pass a test showing that you are capable of understanding lessons in German or you simply should have German as A levels in your IB (i.e. either A1 or A2 German course).

There is another medical university in Bremen which is international (but higher fees compared to the rest of the Germany) that offers a great range of branches and has a good reputation. A student from my upper class got a scholarship into there and he applied for neurobiology.

Edited by hermine0817

Thinking of applying in Germany. Either in Charite Berlin or Heidelberg, will have to see.

When you want to do something heart related, Berlin is the right place though I heard. There is a clinic especially for that branch.

You would have to be able to speak German though and when you are a foreigner, you either have to pass a test showing that you are capable of understanding lessons in German or you simply should have German as A levels in your IB (i.e. either A1 or A2 German course).

There is another medical university in Bremen which is international (but higher fees compared to the rest of the Germany) that offers a great range of branches and has a good reputation. A student from my upper class got a scholarship into there and he applied for neurobiology.

What I don't like so much about the idea of studying medicine in Germany is the "numerus clausus" and the way they convert your IB grades into German grades. For Heidelberg you need like 41 points, and the 3 extra points don't count. Maybe it's not a problem for you, but still I don't like the way they convert it.

Have a look: numerus clausus, conversion (page 4)

A friend of mine thought about studying there, but then decided for the UK.

I will apply for Czech Republic...

Palacky University in Olomouc (the entrance exam for this year will be in the 2nd of May)

It's a 6 years course and we have to learn Czech Language along the course

I think the language part made me chose Czech... :D

What I don't like so much about the idea of studying medicine in Germany is the "numerus clausus" and the way they convert your IB grades into German grades. For Heidelberg you need like 41 points, and the 3 extra points don't count. Maybe it's not a problem for you, but still I don't like the way they convert it.

Have a look: numerus clausus, conversion (page 4)

A friend of mine thought about studying there, but then decided for the UK.

I agree. They totally undergrade the IB system. (It's not appreciated at all) The German 1.0 is equivalent to 42 points, but it is simply much easier to get 1.0 than 42 points (at least in my opinion). I mean the Abitur system got slacked up so much after they introduced the presentation exam as well, almost like a bonus boost-up for your grade. And thinking that most medical unis want you to have less than 1.3 points, we would have to have more than 40 points at least to have a chance, which is kinda hard...

• 4 weeks later...