IB Grade Calculator

Redstar

wow I never knew the grade boundaries were so low. English SL only 78 and Maths HL 77 and Chem HL 80... My teachers always used (83,80 and 85)

We used *unknown boundaries* :) , 85 (then 80??), and 90 (which was later dropped to 85 before predicteds), respectively, so I guess it's common practice for teachers to use higher boundaries. Let's hope boundaries either go down or don't change much this year. :)

wow I never knew the grade boundaries were so low. English SL only 78 and Maths HL 77 and Chem HL 80... My teachers always used (83,80 and 85)

Even though November and May boundaries tend to be almost the same in most years, I've found that the boundary for a 7 in Maths HL in November tends to be 77 or 78 while in May it tends to be 80 or 81. So your teacher is right to be using 80 as a boundary in Maths HL (assuming you took the exams in May), but with English SL and Chem HL, I've been looking for May boundaries and they're the same as the November boundaries I used.

Yeah, if you appeal and the grade changes then you don't have to pay. And yes, you can wait until the component grades come out.

Do we get to know which questions we lost points on and why? And when do we get to know our grades and the component grades?

I don't know how detailed the breakdown is (yet!), but I do know that we get the results in July. At least this year we get them on July 6, and then the more detailed scores come out about two weeks later. Apparently the latter only come to the IB Coordinator, though.

Even though November and May boundaries tend to be almost the same in most years, I've found that the boundary for a 7 in Maths HL in November tends to be 77 or 78 while in May it tends to be 80 or 81. So your teacher is right to be using 80 as a boundary in Maths HL (assuming you took the exams in May), but with English SL and Chem HL, I've been looking for May boundaries and they're the same as the November boundaries I used.

Compared to May 2008's exams, our exams were harder (or at least seemed to be) so the grade boundaries should be roughly the same, ergo 75~77

Do we get to know which questions we lost points on and why? And when do we get to know our grades and the component grades?

No, definitely not. You need to order trackback (or whatever the term is) for that and it costs your school. Your IBC receives component grades ~2 weeks after July 6th so just email him/her.

Edited by Irene

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Plz can u make one for biology standard asap?

Name of subjectL Biology standard
- Names of all the components: Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3, IA (practicals)
- Maximum points for each component- Paper 1=30, Paper 2=50, Paper 3= 36, IA= 48
- Weighting for each component. Paper 1= 20%, Paper 2=32 %, Paper 3= 24%, IA=24 %

• 2 weeks later...

Plz can u make one for biology standard asap?

Name of subjectL Biology standard

- Names of all the components: Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3, IA (practicals)

- Maximum points for each component- Paper 1=30, Paper 2=50, Paper 3= 36, IA= 48

- Weighting for each component. Paper 1= 20%, Paper 2=32 %, Paper 3= 24%, IA=24 %

Just download the one from 2009 and edit the values in the excel - it'll still do the calculation for you.

• 6 years later...