help! I want to know a good activity for creativity hours.

Join drama club if your school has one. Almost literally everything you do can count for CAS. Set painting and construction can count for creativity or action, rehearsal/teching the same, and publicity/ticket sales could be creativity/service. Check your guidance department for volunteer opportunities; especially around the holidays, a lot of places will have winter/Christmas carnivals/events and they need people for that. That's where I got a lot of my creativity and action hours, anyway. Combine all three and *plan* a holiday carnival for your neighborhood if you like, that'll get you plenty of hours. A Halloween carnival might be good if you live in an area with lots of small children - offer a safer, less labor-intensive alternative to trick-or-treating that doesn't require a drive to the mall/church/other Alternative Halloween site. Or see if you can't volunteer to help with one of those carnivals.

Music is the best way to get creativity hours! Other than that these are some of the things I did:

- Taken horse riding lessons (both A and C)

- Wrote script for local elementary school play (also helped to direct the play)

- various after school clubs

1. pick up an instrument/singing

2. join a newspaper club of some sort

3. join an art club for a co-curricular

4. run around your school and ask your teachers if you could help them make posters for anything - you will be surprised how many hrs you can get from making posters

and wow, i wouldn't even have THOUGHT of claiming driving actions for creativity! nice one :Pb

Creativity - interpreted broadly to include a range of arts activities as well as the creativity students demonstrate in designing and implementing service projects Examples might include: working in the school play or on the yearbook; designing posters and flyers for fund raising events; Christmas Carol singing for charity, taking parts in UN conferences and Model United Nations, starting your own little clubs for creativity in school ( which also serves for service component) playing or learning a music instrument, Archery, Making decorative stuff for school during festivals, participation in school choir, participation in student council, preparing and speaking in a debate club, .... and there are endless number of activities for creativity hope one of the above suits your needs. cheers. gud luck

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hear you can watch movies for CAS, so if you watch 3-4 movies then you can get 10 hours. Some coordinators may not like this though, so better check with yours first before going ahead with it.

Other than that, you could take lessons for any kind of art (ex. photography) or write for your school newspaper if you have one. Or maybe try something you've always wanted to try but never really considered doing it. There are so many possibilities :P

Write a blog of film/music/games reviews. Really easy to do, free, and you don't even have to be paticularly good to do it. Most posts will take an hour to write with editing, research etc. so you can rack up the hours quickly.

Who would fill out the advisor form for this activity because I'd like to do this.

i did duet acting! it was a very fun activity & plus i improved my acting skills! i got around 30 hours for the rehearsals & the competition! however, it must belong to your school's forensic activities in order to participate.

• 2 months later...

Learning to drive! It counts because it is 'learning a new skill'.

In Australia we have to record 100 hours of supervised driving before we can get our next level of license

I wanted to do that... but my CAS coordinator said it wasn't a "creativity component". How should I talk her into it?