Subjects you would like to take

Thomas

I think there are so many cool subjects out there - that I would love to take instead of the ones I take! But my school doesn't offer many, and there was quite a few restrictions on which subjects that you couldn't take if you took another one because of timetabling subjects. I would love to change English B to an ab initio language - would love to do Russian or Japanese. I would also love to do either Greek or Latin, one of the classical languages.

I would also love to do music!

Haha - if I were to do all the subjects I want, I would probably end up with like 10 subjects.

With all the subjects I *want* to take, I really may as well just do the whole thing twice.

History, Economics, Physics, Spanish or Russian, Math HL... or even SL. French A1 or English again with a new set of texts. Look at that - a second diploma for me!

You must really love IB. I thought I was bad. :blush:

I'd like to take History all over again, but with different topics/choices. :P Like instead of Europe regional I'd like to do Asia Pacific.

Oh Mandarin Ab Initio.

A subject I'd really really really really love to see IB offer is Creative Writing. But unfortunately... :)

Yeah me too ever since I heard about it I have wished that my school had it, I think psychology would be good, I would also like to do Visual Arts I almost did but, I changed to bio after my favourite art teacher retired. Another one that my school doesnt offer that I want to do is philosophy, as it is some that really interests me. I would really like to do russian ab initio, french ab initio and italian ab initio most of all russian ab initio, but my school doest offer any of them.

I wish I had a chance to take Philosophy, but our school does not offer it. :D Maybe in university, as a Minor. :P

You know, there's a story I heard once that took place in a Philosophy class in college. It was the students' final exam, and they had to answer only one essay question. "Why did you take Philosophy?".. The students started planning and writing their arguments and so on so forth, but one student wrote three words, submitted her paper and left the building. "It's my will" - I guess Lc would know what I'm talking about, "Anna 7urra!". She got a full mark and none of the other students even got one. That is so philosophy!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest julz_90
A subject I'd really really really really love to see IB offer is Creative Writing. But unfortunately... :P

crative writing doesn't fit into the whole idea of IB. IB is about formalities, there's no free room for creativity... actually, when my teachers explained to us how the assignments and the essays are graded, I got the feeling that structure and formal things are more important than the content itself...

anyway. I wish I had history instead of geography. but we can't choose our IB subjects at our school. :P

crative writing doesn't fit into the whole idea of IB. IB is about formalities, there's no free room for creativity... actually, when my teachers explained to us how the assignments and the essays are graded, I got the feeling that structure and formal things are more important than the content itself...

Yes and that is one major con of IB. There is little such thing as creativity. The closest I've come to creative writing is A1 WL2 or French B essays. >< Unless you count making up CAS eval forms and BSing in TOK or other essays creative :P

And yes, what you said about structure and formal presentation is kind of right in one way, though it kind of does vary with subjects. Still it's annoying that things are marked rigoriously to marking schemes and criteria...but then I suppose the up side of that is that there's less room for bias marking.

You know' date=' there's a story I heard once that took place in a Philosophy class in college. It was the students' final exam, and they had to answer only one essay question. "Why did you take Philosophy?".. The students started planning and writing their arguments and so on so forth, but one student wrote three words, submitted her paper and left the building. "It's my will" - I guess Lc would know what I'm talking about, "Anna 7urra!". She got a full mark and none of the other students even got one. That is so philosophy!![/quote']

It's like that question in an exam that asked 'Why?' and the answer that got full marks was 'Why not?'.

What I'd like is photography and it's a pity that I didn't choose it last year, and another one would be a subject related to aviation, which I would just adore.

I was just wondering what it is that attracts people to Japanese ab initio?

For me, I've always had a deep interest in Japanese history and culture so I'd enjoy learning a bit of the language as well. Where I'm from, I think it is such a foreign concept that it attracts people, as most people haven't been exposed at all to the language, unlike in bigger metropolis areas. I guess there's always the pop culture aspect of Japan as well!