Subjects you would like to take

Thomas

My school pretty much offers the minimum number of classes that will still allow you to get the diploma. Just about the only choices there are are Biology or Chemistry and Spanish or French... Last year was the first year they even offered Math SL (only had Math Studies before) and we didn't even have Math SL textbooks, so we had to work out of 2-3 different books. If my school offered more options I'd love to take Math HL, Physics, and Computer Science.

For me, I've always had a deep interest in Japanese history and culture so I'd enjoy learning a bit of the language as well. Where I'm from, I think it is such a foreign concept that it attracts people, as most people haven't been exposed at all to the language, unlike in bigger metropolis areas. I guess there's always the pop culture aspect of Japan as well!

Yeah I thought I like the culture of Japan, before I went and when I actually did go, and lived there for 2 months I realised that I actually didn't like the culture. It is such a different culture to that of Australia and initially I had quite a large case of culture shock.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a LOT of subjecst that I would love to take but just don't have the time for. I'm really hoping that our principal will let us have a physics SL class next year but I highly doubt it. I wish you could take 3 sciences in IB. I don't like taking a science in summer school as I feel that all sciences are very important to keep your options open for uni.

My school pretty much offers the minimum number of classes that will still allow you to get the diploma. Just about the only choices there are are Biology or Chemistry and Spanish or French... Last year was the first year they even offered Math SL (only had Math Studies before) and we didn't even have Math SL textbooks, so we had to work out of 2-3 different books. If my school offered more options I'd love to take Math HL, Physics, and Computer Science.

yeax,it's the same in my school...just we are having math standard and studies..and deutch or french... ^_^

I really wish that we had more options with the languages here at my school. I would love to learn Chinese or Korean, or heck even Japanese. Instead we only have two options French or Spanish, which is ok i guess, but more variety wouldn't hurt. We have a latin program but its not available to the IB classes.

• 2 months later...
Guest iber2468

I spent ages browsing past exams because the classes fascinated me so much. LOL, yep, nerd right here.

I really want

- Economics

- Business & Management

- ITGS

- Psychology

- Film

- World Cultures

- ... hell I'll take Computer Science just for the heck of it

God please replace my current courses with those ones, thank you.

hmm, this is like from september, but:

- Bio HL (wished that IB allows you to take 3 sciences)

IB does allow that when you apply for a non-regulatory diploma, at least if you choose Bio, Physics and Chem... Several people in our school do it every year because they want to go to med school!

Oh, and, on topic - It would've been nice to have an ab initio language at our school, although I think I still would've chosen Swedish B... :lol:

Edited by deissi