Physics IA help (HL)

vishalvibz

guys, does it matter if you're in SL/HL for IA?

Can my IA be "How does the horizontal range accuracy of a projectile depend on its initial velocity at launch?"

Measuring horizontal range in real world and comparing it to theoretical/predicted/calculated values. 

Good enough or too easy for HL?

No, its good enough. As long as you meet all the criteria, it doesn't matter whether you're HL or SL - the criteria is same for everyone. Its actually pretty good, but you'll have to start ASAP in case you haven't already. Our IAs are submitted in march, so you don't have much time. Also, how do you plan on getting the theoretical values? Your IA would be really good if you can find the information, but in case you can't, just include the practical readings, they'll be enough.

guys, does it matter if you're in SL/HL for IA?

Can my IA be "How does the horizontal range accuracy of a projectile depend on its initial velocity at launch?"

Measuring horizontal range in real world and comparing it to theoretical/predicted/calculated values. 

Good enough or too easy for HL?

Hey vishalvibz, I actually have a friend that did his EE on something similar last year and he'd gladly share it with you for reference. PM me if you want it :)

Initially I thought this topic is too easy because everyone in my SL class learned about this relationship in Year 1. So to make your IA shine you need to do a lot more than the usual on the writing up portion and data analysis parts. Because that you are not likely to have visible air resistance (again, it's up to you). Any significant deviation from theory is more likely due do error in measurement than actual changes. 

No, its good enough. As long as you meet all the criteria, it doesn't matter whether you're HL or SL - the criteria is same for everyone. Its actually pretty good, but you'll have to start ASAP in case you haven't already. Our IAs are submitted in march, so you don't have much time. Also, how do you plan on getting the theoretical values? Your IA would be really good if you can find the information, but in case you can't, just include the practical readings, they'll be enough.

Yes it's the same criteria but HL and SL are held to different standards.Suppose I am an SL student and I get 18/24 on the IA; If I were to submit it for HL I will not get 17-18 but a much lower mark. The theoretical values are readily available if we learned it in SL.