I need help

Sunber123

Hi, I am a Gr.11 IB Student in  in Canada. I have never been really good at math, I barely got an 83% in Gr.10 HL math. For all my past tests, I have received nothing over a level 4. I work very hard and I don't miss any homework, I do all the adequate studying, but I still receive a 4. I recently got a 1 and 2 on my calculus and curve sketching tests, 2 tests which worked so hard for. I have a tutor, but it really does not help, because I can get help on the questions I want, but a tutor can't really teach me to be smart. I want to leave IB, but I really don't have any other friends in other schools. It's just math I'm doing bad in, I'm doing pretty bad in every other subject as well. PLZ HELP  :dash:  :dash:

I work very hard and I don't miss any homework, I do all the adequate studying, but I still receive a 4. I recently got a 1 and 2 on my calculus and curve sketching tests, 2 tests which worked so hard for. 

Sounds like you got good work ethic! If you are able to do all the homework questions but not able to do well in tests in could be you are not used to the time control. Consider watch over the time you spent on completing the homework. Also consider ask your teacher to give more of the hard questions in homework. Ask those who are at the top of the class about how they study and see how that's different from your methods.

(also, who teaches curve sketching and calculus at the same time???)

it really does not help, because I can get help on the questions I want, but a tutor can't really teach me to be smart.

That's in a way, true. But to score well in IB math you need to be able to recognize the problem-solving technique, do it in short time with great accuracy, and some techniques of breaking a complex problem into smaller, easier problems for the harder question in the final papers. These are some tangible, descriptive aspects that can be obtained in practice, instead of a catch-all "smart". 

You shouldn't leave DP just because of one course out of six. You have good work habits and most who leave because of lack of time or being unable to do all homework/assignment.