FOA: how much time should you spend on a presentation?

Yuki Kuran

Hello, guys. I'm doing my FOA on English L&L tomorrow and am required to speak about 5-10 minutes. However, when I did FOA on Russian L&L, I was required to speak at least 30 minutes. Da hell is that? What about you? What is a recommended amount of time for FOA in your school? 

Edited by Yuki Kuran
  • Like 2

We have no time limit, but the teacher said that 10 minutes is the bare minimum, if doing it alone. You won't have time to analyse in less than 10 minutes, I'm pretty sure of that. Ask the teacher before the lesson, maybe they confused the time.

And hey, good luck tomorrow!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm a little late, but I have a question regarding the timing and FOA's. When showing examples of your topic (images, videos, songs), does the time taken to do this count towards your overall time presenting? For example, if you show the class a five minute video, and the max time is 15 minutes for your presentation, do you only have 10 minutes remaining to finish your presentation? Or, do the five minutes not count since it is not your work, and it is merely a source you are using to conduct your presentation? 

Thanks!

I'm a little late, but I have a question regarding the timing and FOA's. When showing examples of your topic (images, videos, songs), does the time taken to do this count towards your overall time presenting? For example, if you show the class a five minute video, and the max time is 15 minutes for your presentation, do you only have 10 minutes remaining to finish your presentation? Or, do the five minutes not count since it is not your work, and it is merely a source you are using to conduct your presentation? 

Thanks!

It counts as a part of your FOA unless your teacher specifies otherwise.

• 7 months later...