How well do you know the 4th of July? (Quiz!)

IBhelp2015

I only knew some of the harder ones because we had a day in my IB History class where we talked about some of the most common misconceptions in American history, and some of the facts about the Declaration were on there. I also knew that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on the same day on the 4th... I have no idea where I heard that, though. Honestly, I feel like 75% of my education is memorization of random facts haha

43% as well (6/14)! That surprised me, because I guessed most of them. Now I'm curious as to whether we got the same questions right/wrong. There's probably some kind of mathematical thing going on (binomial distribution? Maths HL is failing me at the moment...) dictating that 6/14 is the most common score gotten when people guess the answers. 

43% here! I guessed on most of them (except for the dead presidents one as I mysteriously remember that from some random source, the years one, and the number of states one), I'm starting to think if the website takes your IP and gives you 43% if you're not in US and the correct value if you're in US... just joking.

Apparently you get at least one correct (the greatest country one), so I'm wondering which 5 we got correct out of the remaining 13...

Edited by ssy

50% - also done with guesswork though. I wish they would show us which we got wrong and what the correct answer is!

I'm pretty sure you can go back through and check the answers for the ones you got wrong! It should be an option at the end of the quiz :) Mine had explanations, too.

Edited by IBhelp2015

71% 

I'm definitely American now. 

What you didn't know is that scores above 43% are grounds to have your passport taken away. The only way to redeem your citizenship is to shave your head, get an England tattoo (/optionally "I love nan" OR any tattoo provided it is on the shaved head itself) and start day drinking. There used to be one where you could dress up in tweed with a red jacket and ride around bugling to your hounds, but they got rid of that with the introduction of the fox hunting ban.

• 1 month later...