Hello guys,

I am trying to find a topic for my internal assessment and since i want to study computer science I was thinking of doing something relevant to CS. One thing that i have in mind is boolean algebra but I am not sure whether this is suitable for a math HL IA topic. Also, except from finding the topic I need to find what exactly i will be investigating and that's the hard part since i need to find something which can be covered in the limited number of pages I can write for my IA. If you can give me your opinion or guide me on how to find a specific topic it would be more than helpful !I have a 7 in Math so I guess I can handle slightly more difficult topics.

Thank you !! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Try to find an application of something within the HL syllabus. For example, I'm doing the birthday problem (quite simple, but good to write about), looking at the probability of people having the same birthdays in different situations, and I'm using the probability aspects from the HL syllabus. I think Boolean algebra could definitely work, although you would have to pick an aspect of it to look at, not the whole thing! Once you find something you're interested in, have a look at the work you've been doing in maths and see if you can find something within what you've been doing that relates to your topic :)