English HL B papers

pasi

Hey! How was it?

The text about Camilla Clark (or something like that) was quite tragic hahaha, but I found both papers pretty good.

What do you think about the papers? Which type of text did you choose for paper 2?

Guest Young

I couldn't stop laughing at the first text. It was too funny. I tried to take it as serious as possible, but the way she was talking about that table....:D

The exam was pretty nice. I chose the speech (easiest format)!

To be honest, this was one of the easiest p1 I have done. Yet, after the exam there was a big dispute in my class. If you remember text E, we were supposed to choose correct missing words and in one place some of us chose 'however' and the other part 'moreover'. What did you choose? : )

As for paper 2 I chose the article as it seemed the easiest for me.

Edited by Dudu4322

I really found the P1 being the easiest I've ever done, out of all the practise paper etc. In the last question I think I took moreover? I remember that only one of them suited due to how the sentence was put up but I can't remember which one...

For paper 2 I did the review in a school paper. I loved the section B quote!

• Like 1

Paper 1 was quite entertaining, the text about the Ladies of the Church (Camilla something) was very very annoying.. I think i lost a couple of marks in that section. Overall was good.

Paper 2 section A was annoying to be honest. I chose the question about the sports figure that said Sports aren't for leisure time. I really wrapped the whole subject but couldn't get to the aim of my email due to word count.

Section B was pretty good. I chose a letter so it can contain more emotions (trigger emotions in readers) and reflect on it, and i think i did a good job at it.

Overall Verdict: Was good!

Paper 1

Text A - lol. wow such emotions, much sadness, very table

The one about how humans are killing the environment, had the worst questions. Some of the true/false and justify questions were ambiguous.

I found choosing of the words pretty easy though for Text E.

Paper 2

Did question 5 the one about animal experimentation. Thank god I was in debate team for CAS.

Wrote an email for section B. I never knew IB would quote something from X-Men.

I hope I do really well

Also found papar easy, but i think that questions to text e were quite tricky, especially the one with moreover/however. Of course I chose however and moreover is probably the proper one.

In Section A Paper 2 I chose qestion 4 (?) the one with email about interview with sports figure.

I'm glad that English was the first exam paper, it really cheered me up :)