English A Lit HL/SL Paper 2

Chris Schmitz

English has always been a tough Subject. But there is relatively easier grading because each answer is unique. I say in contrast to how the other papers have been coming, English wasn't so bad!

I thought the light and sound question was amazing too. I reread it several times to make sure it was what I thought it was. I used A Streetcar Named Desire and Death of a Salesman.

Same here, had almsot too much to write lol

Same! I love that paper. I talked about everything from their mental state to their characterisation and the setting. I loved it

I (and many others in my college) HATED the drama questions, the general consensus was that didn't work well with our plays at all. Aside from that I personally didn't think that the questions were that great.
I did question 1 and discussed the presentation of minor characters in King Lear (Shakespeare), Arcadia (Stoppard) and Endgame (Beckett), I wrote plenty (16 pages) but I'm still a bit nervous.

Hey!!

TZ1, did the Prose: novel and short story, question number 9, about sympathy.. Used "Jane Eyre" and "The Bride Price". I think it was the best paper 2 I ever done, so really happy with it!! The whole paper though was straight-forward enough, better than expected :)

I did question 9 too, on god of small things and the awakening. What key things did you talk about for sympathy?

Did anyone else in TZ1 HL do question 1? The one about authors indirectly telling the audience their messages. I did it on Emily Dickinson's poems (tell all the truth, I heard a fly buzz, and a toad can die of light) and The Poisonwood Bible (reading as an allegory).

• 4 months later...

Did anyone realize that the IBsurvival revision guide has a question extremely similar to q3 of the drama questions in paper 2 TZ1?

I chose q2, but I struggled to resist the temptation of doing q3, it's just that I've just discussed something related to 2 that morning with my teacher, which made up my mind. (plus there's more things to talk about)

What were questions 2 & 3 for drama?? 

Sorry I don't exactly remeber, but I think q2 was about presence/absence of narrator/chorus's comments and their effect in "finding the meaning" of the play.

q3 was about short/long time frames or something like that.

Note that I'm TZ1, the TZ2 questions are different.

• Like 1