History HL Paper 3 (NOV-13)

Overlord

HI guys! so, what did you think of History Paper 3? I did the Americas option... I found it quite hard, especially because certain topics that were my favourites were so not what I expected (like Great Depression in Canada and effects in arts, I only studied GD in US and Latin America :geek: ). And well, in my opinion, Paper 1 and 2 were easier, what about for you?

I did the Europe and Middle East option. I though it was alright, I found in general I could write two good paragraphs for each essay topic and one ok one, so I was reasonably prepared. The question on the Russian rev. was a bit disappointing as I was hoping to write on that topic but the actual question wasn't great IMO. I agree, paper 2 definitely had better topics, but I'm still happy with paper 3 overall :).

I did the South-East Asia option with China and Japan. I thought that the questions were absolutely fantastic- they covered all the things that I knew best so I was extremely happy! We did our mock exams on I think May 2013 TZ1 which was pretty tough so it really couldn't have gone better. I was also really happy with P1 and 2, so hopefully it all works out!

I hope it went well for everyone :)

I did German and Italian unification and imperial Russia, but the Russia questions were terrible! I ended up doing both of the German unification questions and the Stalin question as we studied him for paper 2 and I couldn't bring myself to do the other Russia questions.

Paper 2 was definitely better, but in the past few years p3 hasn't been great so I wasn't really surprised by the bad questions :/

I did the Middle East and Europe option,

I was really happy with the question for my options (European Diplomacy 1870-1923, Post War Europe 1939-200, Social Developments in Britain 1945-200)

I did the question on the causes of World War I, the Paris Peace Settlements and post war recovery in Eastern Europe.

My first two essays were really good, but I struggled with time for the last essay, although I still think I did decently.

Overall P3 was really good, and history was really good overall :)

Hope you guys did well :)