SL Physics nov 2013

physicsruinslives

Physics P1 was pretty nice, but the seemingly easy force body diagram stumped me for a bit. I thought Section B options weren't as nice as they typically are, however. I chose question 4 for Section B. The atomic and nuclear physics was a piece of cake, but the thermal physics calculation question I don't feel too confident about.

Man I didn't find the papers easy...

I'm pretty sure i did a lot of mistakes for paper 1. And paper 3 i messed up completely my astro.. and it was not even hard but i messed up. And for physics paper 2 i did question 1, coz i didnt revise nuclear at all. teacher left us so we had to catch up alone and i couldnt understand ****.

Who did question 5?

And was the new equation for paper 1, was it proportional?

Paper 1 was easier than I expected! However, I knew that I made some silly mistakes (as usual) but not too many I hope... Paper 2 was also quite manageable and I chose Question 6 too :) Did anybody do options A and C for Paper 3? I thought the questions were okay except for the one about Schmitt Triggers o.O

I found Paper 1 easier than expected too, seems like most people who sat it from my school were the same. Paper 2 was alright, the data analysis question was bizarre compared to other years I thought. Paper 3 did DigiTech and EM Waves, Digitech was pretty straightforward really with few calculations which was a bit abnormal. EM waves was just strange with, water waves instead of a laser for double slit interference, making it difficult to apply some concepts (Yes, the water waves get brighter!)

I got it was not proportional but not sure about it

I got not proportional too! What was your reason? :)

In the first question of "prove that is not linear" I used two points. These same two point I used for the new equation with the square values of x. I divided Y values of the first point bu its squared x value, then did the same with a second point and compare the results. They were not the same so they where not proportional i guess

I did option a and b. found option a good but option b was a bit odd and I think I got about 4 marks :/

Maybe you did better than you thought! :) and I'm sure Option A will make up for it!

I got it was not proportional but not sure about it

I got not proportional too! What was your reason? :)

In the first question of "prove that is not linear" I used two points. These same two point I used for the new equation with the square values of x. I divided Y values of the first point bu its squared x value, then did the same with a second point and compare the results. They were not the same so they where not proportional i guess

Okay I did that too! :)