French Ab Nitio vs Spanish Ab Nitio (Help!)

Terminator

Hey guys,

I am currently in Grade 11, and chose to do French Ab Nitio. However, the French class in my school is that of French A level. And so, for a beginner like me (I know nothing of French), I barely get any knowledge. I then have to go home and look at videos, learn the basics.

However, I have the option of taking Spanish AB Nitio online from Pamoja Education. I have no knowledge of Spanish either. And I NEED to get atleast a 5 on this group, as I am aiming for some prestigious universities.

Do you think I should take the Spanish option, because I'm inclining towards it. It would be more organised and help me prepare better for my exams in 2 years. Or atleast I think it will..

Please let me know about your opinion. It is greatly appreciated (you have no idea how much!)

Thanks

Hello!

I personally think that you should:

_choose the subject in which you feel much comfortable with (I mean if you feel fascinated by one of them in particular, go for it because it can motivate you so much)

_take the subject that is more linked to the job you want to do later

_talk to your ib coordinator they usually give good advices
I am doing french A and spanish B both in Hl and I can tell you that they are both quite easy (for the moment) as long as you do extra work in order to improve your skills in the language.
If I were you, I would choose spanish in sl because compared to french A you don't have books to read, plus there are much less expectations than french and above all it seems to interess you more than french ;)

Online courses require an incredible amount of self-discipline and motivation, if you're the kind of student that needs regular homework assignments and real face-time with teachers who will push you, or just serious deadlines with consequences, taking an online course would be detrimental.

If your school is teaching French Ab initio with French A-Level, they are shafting you because the Ab initio courses are designed for complete novices. I knew nothing of French when I did the Ab initio course and we literally started with the alphabet on the first day.