Math Studies IA in Calculus?

Jkoo48

I'm just starting my IA and I've decided to do it in Calculus. I've already gone ahead with the Math SL and HL curriculums in terms of Calculus, and I'd like to use that knowledge in my IA. Does anyone have suggestions for a Project I can do involving Calculus?

I don't know much, but from what I gather, Maths projects must be practical. Calculus can be used in a variety of interesting ways for practical measures - you said you've looked ahead to Maths SL/HL Calculus (I commend you for that), and the types of questions there regarding practical applications may give you inspiration. Remember, Calculus is useful for looking at rates of change - so you could go look at physics-related issues like kinematics. You could even consider optimisation using Calculus. So find a practical topic that interests you, and see whether any of its aspects can be linked to differentiation - or integration, if you so wish. Also keep in mind that you don't want to go too far out the Maths Studies Syllabus in writing your IA. Good luck! :)

• Like 1