How to do better at math?

Hearts

Math studies is the easiest subject to be honest, you know why? because you can use a calculator. All you have to do is learn how to use your calculator during a course of 2 years, this is what you have to do really.

That's not really true. There are going to be quite a few questions that require you to show the processes in their complete form to be awarded marks. Learning how to use the calculator will be a massive help, but one should not neglect learning how to solve maths manually for that reason. You'll most likely lose a lot of points if you fail to provide the methods which you used to get an answer.

ibdoom:

Do a lot of past papers! I would spend more time on doing past papers than to read in your textbook, as you will have to familiarise yourself to the format. Also familiarise yourself to the formula booklet. Most of the formulas are listed in this booklet, and should help you remember them.Plus, actually solving the questions will make you remember the processes with more ease. Be aware, though, that some formulas are not listed in this booklet.

Are there any processes you find difficult? If so, I would do more time learning these processes than proving to yourself that you know what you already know. If you struggle with probability, do a lot of probability questions. If you find it still difficult, or you realise that you do something wrong all the time, you should consult your book, search on the internet (Khan Academy has helped me a lot) or speak to your teacher. Learn and write down the different phases of a process. Figure out what you have been doing wrong, and redo the questions with your new knowledge.

Edited by alefal

My math teacher says that there is no difference between maths studies and standard. The only difference is that you learn about more stuff in standard than in studies. Anyhow, what I do is that I read through many times, if I don't understand, I google. YOUTUBE helps a lot btw, and oh, I just listen and take notes during class, and then when I get home, I do the homework :)