I have a question about the Economics Internal Assessment on Microeconomics. I have an article, and have written my first draft. Somehow, my teacher found it to be not so good, and gave me an 80 on the draft. I want to make it better, but can't seem to find enough topics to analyze within the article.

Can anyone give me some ideas on what else I could analyze in this article? The link is here:

http://www.usnews.co...roduction-costs

• 2 weeks later...

The article's fine in my opinion, there's more than enough content in there to analyse and write about. Question is: what did you focus on? An Economics IA is only 750 words, so if your teacher didn't like your IA, it was probably because the analysis of the topics and ideas you chose was insufficient, rather than the number of them.

I agree with @-._._.- (gosh that username is weird). This article has too much content that is not relevant to analyse/can not be analysed. You should find an article that has some news to come with that you can easily draw economic content from. You should be able to identify the economic content in the news article fairly quickly and I think that the problem with this article is that it comments on something that has happened and gives explanations for why the legislation should be changed.

Try finding an article that is even simpler and that you can easily spot the economic content in. I would suggest for Microeconomics, depending on how far you have gotten into the course, that you focus upon:

1. Taxes
  2. Subsidies
  3. Demand/Supply changes
  4. Market failure

If you have questions, feel free to ask - I will answer!