TI nspire CX at IB final exams

Ayala

I have been told that before the exams teachers reset your calculator. I am a little worried about this because I installed the ndless mod in my calculator and I am not sure if this reset is going to mess up everything. How do they reset the calculator? I know that just by pushing the reset button at the back of the calculator does not erase your files. Do you think I should uninstall the mod before my exams?

Thank you. Greetings from México.

• 6 months later...

I suppose leave whatever this thing is and then if they wipe it, they wipe it; if they don't, they don't.

If the mod is a shortcut to working out something relevant for the exam, I recommend you learn the non-mod way of doing it as well in case they do wipe it. Technically they ought to wipe it, however a lot of schools are very lax and/or have no clue, so never bother. We didn't have our calculators wiped before our exams. On the other hand, none of us had any clue you could add extras onto the calculator so it didn't really have any useful effect :P

From what I understan they dont actually wipe or reset your calculator as such. They put in a mode called "press test" (or similar). This limits the features you can use during the test, essentially i think that it temporaly disables all apps and saved docs and limits some of the features in built in the calculator. Their has been talk at my school as to whether jail broken calculators will work. So, I think that your mod will be fine, just disabled. However, I'm not certain and to be on the safe sied I would remove it. Or google "nspire press to test", or something like that.