Canadian universities for 28-pointers

Ollie Simbunga

Hi, so recently, I started digging in the Canadian universities, and I'm thinking of sending applications there. Could you please suggest the Best 10 universities I could get into with 28 points?

And also. Can Canadian universities accept me because of my predicted grades.

Thank you. And I hope anybody can help.

• Like 1

http://www.edu.pe.ca/rural/IB%20website/Files/Canadian%20University%20IB%20Recognition%20Policies.pdf

That is a list of Canadian Universities who recognizes the IB and grant acceptance for certain number of credits (many of which require around 28 points!) That dates from 2007 but is still quite accurate.

Amoung the universities listed there, a couple high ranking ones are :

• McMaster University, University of Toronto, York University, University of Waterloo, University of Birtish Colombia, Queen's University... etc.

But in all honestly, it really depends on what courses you want to take and which program interests you the most. Check out their websites for more information about admissions and prerequisites etc.

To answer your second question, Canadian Universities will accept you on your predicted grades, either offering you an early admission or conditional admission (which can be influenced by your Final IB Exams/results).

For more information you can look here as well: https://www.ibo.org/diploma/recognition/guide/applyingtocanadianuniversities/index.cfm

Hope this helps :)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

If you fail to achieve an IB diploma in May, you can try to re-sit the examinations in the November session (and also potentially have one more stab in May of the following year) if you can find a school which will allow you to sit them there. It can be hard to find places that run November exams. Then I guess there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to delay your application by a year :P

If I were you though, I'd just really start putting in maximum effort to squeeze out one more point in your final exams THIS year. Spending a whole extra year and missing out on the diploma entirely for just one point is a steep price to pay! You should contact the Universities you're interested in and ask if they'll let you apply this year with a predicted grade of 27 to maybe give you an offer conditional on your achieving 28.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To be honest, there aren't that many options for 33 and under predicted grades in the big universities of Canada.

What I can say is everyone from my class is:

with 34 or over are going to York, Western, Waterloo, Toronto, UBC, and a few in the States.
Someone with 31 is going to U of A.
Pretty much everyone with 28-33 are going to Simon Fraser University and Carlton (idk where that is), but it's in BC

If you live in Vancouver of BC, I would suggest trying for Kwantlen (Majoring in Agriculture), UVic (Nursing? I think?), or SFU(all faculties are okay).

If you have extraordinary ... I have to stress extraordinary ECs, I would say UBC Arts. But I hear this year at UBC... they're just crazy, cause they're rejecting people with insanely high marks.

Oh Oh, try Waterloo Arts too, my friend who has 30 got in :D