If you don't do any sports, what can your action be?

Duke of Edinburgh counts, but you have to check with your coordinator just in case. For me not only does it count for Action, but I get Creative and Service hours from my Duke of Edinburgh. (It's really useful because the hours count for both, don't overdo it

And you could use gym time for your action - I know it's an option. Possibly walking a dog too. Anything active should be alright, you could even combine it with another activity (e.g. volunteering at a pre-school, and often it requires you to run around so it could be both Service and Action).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who should I put as my supervisor if I go to the gym?

My supervisor is the lady at the reception desk. Sometimes she's not even there, so someone else signs my forms and my CAS coordinator never saw any problem in it.

Was it awkward when you asked the lady at the reception desk to sign it?

The lady at my gym only speaks Chinese and she's hesitant to sign the CAS form since it's in English

Well, I run before school so I get sport staff to sign us off (despite actually not being able to see us run most of the time!)

You could:

-Volunteer to walk people's dogs for free and you could get them to sign your log (or maybe you could just 'borrow' dogs :)

-Get the person at the gym to sign your form, translated perhaps? Ask your co-ordinator for a translated copy, maybe

-Otherwise, you can check whether your co-ordinator would allow a supervising family member to sign your form (though this is highly unlikely, really).

Who should I put as my supervisor if I go to the gym?

My supervisor is the lady at the reception desk. Sometimes she's not even there, so someone else signs my forms and my CAS coordinator never saw any problem in it.

Was it awkward when you asked the lady at the reception desk to sign it?

The lady at my gym only speaks Chinese and she's hesitant to sign the CAS form since it's in English

Well, my forms are in English too, and the lady at my gym speak only Polish. I just told her I need it for school, cause I don't have PE there. Why would it be awkward?