What are your long-term CAS projects?

• 2 weeks later...

In our school the CAS-program is treated very differently than in other schools. My school is a boarding school and we have a Extra Academic Commitment-program (EAC) that offers a lot of different activities. Most people here don't even think of such things as long-term project and CAS hours; we get it covered anyways by trips outside of school, MUN, First Aid course among some things.

I don't really know what the long-term project is, but I am assuming that it is a project that spans over a long period of time. For that, I guess, I am doing First Aid which my school provides as a own group of students taking active part in First Aid training every week and training the students at the school. It is really great and for me it is indeed a very fun project!

For our long term project, a group of us decided to organize a video game tournament and donated all the proceeds to a charity called Child's Play.

Haha, that must have been such a great CAS-project! Did you enjoy it?

Also in my school the CAS is treated in a way similar to the one in the school of Viking-pelican. We have to apply at least 2 ECA (Extra-Curricular Activities) each term (I'm doing IB Choir and consulter in the Native Spanish) until we get hour 150 hours.

But we also have the tournaments for the Sports ECAs, the concerts for the Music-Drama ones and the service ones... Well, those one are the hardest to get.

Or we can participate in Campus (I participated this summer a 12 days into the 8th International Friendship Campus Shanghai. I get 100 Action hours and 50 of Action) or spend some weeks with an NGO, but we do not have any CAS project.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have two long term projects, one that's just action - Going to the gym an X number of times for two hours each time (I vary the amount of times I go each semester) and then one for creativity and service - Visiting schools and presenting the IBDP to inform people of their options and correct the misconceptions of IB.