I've only finished IB1, and overall I have completed 233 hours worth of CAS: 107 hours for the first semester and 126 for the second. I think it's going quite well, and although completing more than 150 hours doesn't relieve me from CAS duties, it still gives me a lot of perks, because I have an amazing relationship with my CAS supervisor and I know she would easily give me time off or let me focus on school for a while if I really needed to. :)

Good luck writing all those reflections! :P I think I did about 600 hours and felt relatively pleased with myself and was going to log it all in my final folder until I realised that literally nobody gives a damn about anything, not how much you did or what you did in particular... UNLESS you fail to reflect on any part of it. Writing reflections on 600 hours versus writing reflections on 150? 150hours ktnx.

Doing extra hours for CAS is a waste of time unless you would have done some of those activities anyway - I got that many CAS hours pretty easily because I had to get 18 months' worth for all 3 sections for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award anyway, so I just used my D of E stuff as my CAS stuff when I started the IB. You should look and see if there's any other programme you can sign up for to make those CAS hours above the 150 mark actually count for something meaningful. Maybe think about D of E actually, if they offer it in Australia (which I expect they would as a Commonwealth country?), it's really good fun going on the expeditions! In some ways I think CAS should be transformed into more like D of E, D of E is a lot more character building, requires a lot more commitment, gives you extra life skills and is more enjoyable!