Urgent Math Studies IA HELP!

aymand

My IA is due 2moro and i need help. So my experiment was: how long it takes for different cups of hot coffee to cool down to room temperature? So basically i used a glass, foam, and plastic cup. I measured the temperature every two minutes till it reached room temperature. So i get the set of results, and i graphed each cup, Temperature vs. Time. I know u can just compare them with looking at the graphs and saying which cup is the least effective and so on. But i need suggestions for any calculations i can do. Please this is rly important.

P.S: For my first draft, i modeled the graphs after an exponential model y=a×b^x. But I think my teacher didn't rly agree or like this idea. Any suggestions appreciated.

I guess you could, by looking at your graphs, create a line of best fit to see if there seems to be any deviations from the norm or something like that. Also, you could calculate the r-values (using excel of course, not just your calculator, in order to make it a sophisticated process as required in the syllabus) using your results. You could ramble on and on about this for a pretty long time and get some points for that.

Hmm, just a suggestion, dunno if I am just rambling myself but i hope it helps!

You can do what ienni said as well as talk about a correlation factor. I don't exactly do Studies but the fact that you seem to be looking for some sort of calculation, I suggest you talk about the correlation between the two. And you can also get the r factor by doing some calculations. I'm sure you'll find all this in your Studies text book.

Hope I've helped.