Help in Math SL calculus

wombat123

I used to be a pretty good math student, but ever since we started calculus I've been doing terrible!! Last test I barely got over passed, but since everyone in the class did bad my teacher gave us a retest. I think I may have done just as bad on the retest though. I feel like I make sure I understand all of the notes the teacher gives us, and that I make sure I understand how the concepts work, and I usually do most or all of my homework (except sometimes she'll give us a bunch of review booklets the class before the test but then tell us they are not that useful, so I don't bother doing them because it might just be a waste of time).

I have the Cambridge book, but I find that the questions my teacher gives us on the test are always so much harder! and when I cannot solve them right away I usually cannot solve them at all during the time alloted for the test. I end up leaving more than one question blank, each worth several marks. Do you guys have any tips to doing well in Calculus? We have one test left before my teacher starts predicting our marks. The test is on integrals. Any tips to doing well on that? There was just one test I aced, so I'm hoping that if I, by some miracle, ace the integrals test she won't predict me devastatingly low.

Is there anywhere I can get hard IB practice questions? I have the IB math SL Pearson book, but I have not been doing practice out of them since my teacher seems to teach in a different order from that book. Are there nice difficult ones in there that I should be trying to do anyways? I've heard the Haese and Harris book is good. I don't think I need more notes though, I'm looking for lots of hard practice questions. Does Haese and Harris have a lot of challenging practice questions?

Is it just me who sucks in Calculus this much? I have dropped from an A student in math to like, a C student....is it normal to drop this low?

@wombat123: I was also thinking of starting a topic concerning the hard time I'm having with calculus. Just like you, before starting calculus I have been doing good in Math, but all of a sudden my grades began dropping. I don't know if Math is one of your priorities, but not so much mine. My teacher advices me to solve many problems (all the problems in the H&H textbook actually) in order to get faster and learn it better. The problem is I don't have much time due to amount of work given in other subjects, even though I really want to work on calculus.

@wombat123: I was also thinking of starting a topic concerning the hard time I'm having with calculus. Just like you, before starting calculus I have been doing good in Math, but all of a sudden my grades began dropping. I don't know if Math is one of your priorities, but not so much mine. My teacher advices me to solve many problems (all the problems in the H&H textbook actually) in order to get faster and learn it better. The problem is I don't have much time due to amount of work given in other subjects, even though I really want to work on calculus.

Math is my third priority subject (my two sciences come before it), but it's my worst right now. I do find it pretty difficult to get a lot of practice in though, because I still need to score well and get predicted high in all the other subjects due to my current circumstances. But if I could find a good resource of hard practice questions, I'd be willing to go pretty far in order to do them and get all of that prep in. Do you find the Haese and Harrison book helpful when you do find the time to do the questions? I've been looking around, and so far I've found mixed reviews over whether the book's questions are easy or hard.