The gym? Or is that not viable?

ok apparently, that does not count, in my school they want you to get something out of it?? not really sure what that means but going to the gym does not count.

Many service-related trips in my school can also count for action hours. For example, habitat for humanity or other home building trips.

in my school, habitat only counts for service, not action no idea why just is...

Really? Our school lets us split our hours when they include heavy lifting...

What I've done is volunteer at Habitat for Humanity, lift and sort cans at a food drive, volleyball, and assistant coaching a middle school team. Maybe you can do something like that? Or I know some people at my school are planting a community garden to count as their Big Project, so you could take that idea and use it just for action!

hey there,

i was wondering if you guys could give me any ideas for action hours that maybe perhaps dont involve sports?

or do you know of a summer camp which i could go for where i can learn to hike or something like that??

cause as of now i have 0 hours for action

Why are you against sports? You don't have to be an amazing athlete to take part in sports and get action hours, just saying.

The gym? Or is that not viable?

ok apparently, that does not count, in my school they want you to get something out of it?? not really sure what that means but going to the gym does not count.

Many service-related trips in my school can also count for action hours. For example, habitat for humanity or other home building trips.

in my school, habitat only counts for service, not action no idea why just is...

Your school's view on CAS hours is then flawed.

First of all, hitting the gym is a viable Action hour, provided that you make improvements. What do you get out of it? Blood, sweat and perseverance.

Secondly (also lastly) it seems that "habitat" only counts for service at your school because it seems that they haven't taken into consideration the physical effort (and ability) required to plant, for instance, a thousand seedlings.

Information received from CAS co-ordinator at my school.

Heck, I'm planning on making AMV's (Animated Music Videos) for my Creativity hours - and it has been approved both by IB and my co-ordinator.

P.S. Is your school new to IB by any chance?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like sports much too but i learned how to snake board (it's very similar to skate boarding and it's really fun)

I always arrange some morning activities for the kids at school ( they relate to an event...i did for world peace day and breast cancer and for the UN day) They are just silly activities that the kids enjoy, and they can be counted as creativity as well. Examples: i gather many kids and do some contests with games and stuff.

Maybe do a beach cleanup :dontgetit: