unconditional offer?

alramsey

hi guys,

i was just wondering... could anyone taking the IB ever receive an unconditional offer from a university in UK before sitting the exam? because I just got a conditional offer from a univ simply because i havent taken the exam... just wondered, have there ever been IB people who got unconditional offer? if yes, what does it take to get them? 45/45 predicted grades, probably?

unconditional offers are given only to those who have received their qualifications' results. if one has not got their real IB results, they won't get an unconditional offer. or at least that's the case most of the time.

I think it's possible to get unconditionals if you haven't taken the exams only if you've won gold medals in international olympiads or something... I don't know though.

not just 45, if you apply to the less prestigious and less competitive unis, well like ones that require only 34 IB points then if you've got your IB grades with 36 points you'll be given an unconditional offer.

• Like 1

It is possible to get unconditional offers from universities before you sit the real exam.

It depends on how much they trust IB predicted scores (assuming you submitted them)

Some universities see that the predicted scores aren't different from the real ones by a large margin and are ok with it.

It's something you will have to check with the universities themselves.

Some Australian universities, so far as I've heard, accept predicted scores and give unconditional offers, like Monash University.

I don't know about UK universities though.

In the UK it's extremely, extremely unusual :P Even if you're getting 45 points, Unis will make your offer conditional on you getting 36 or however many they usually ask for.

Basically the only way to get one outside of very bizarre circumstances is to have received your grades in advance.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know a girl who got an unconditional offer for biochemistry at Imperial a couple years back, but it was because she had a part time job as a research assistant at a lab for 4 years and had full predicted, perfect GCSE's, etc. Essentially, you have to be a star to get an unconditional. Its very unlikely.

• 3 weeks later...