English A1 HL - 7

History HL (Modern, Americas - I live in Europe but my school is weird) - 7

Chemistry HL (Environmental and Drugs) - 6

French B SL - 7

German B SL - 7

EE in Economics - C

TOK (To what extent are areas of knowledge defined by methodology) - A

Total 43

Reaction - I am still totally in shock, I've made my firm choice for university, and I was expecting to have to fight to get in there after a pretty disastrous experience with a bad invigilator in the Maths exam. So happy :) not really bothered about chem, just a bit surprised, I felt really confident after the exams. Just goes to show. Considering that I had to rewrite my EE from scratch after my supervisor encouraged me to write something that didn't match the criteria, I'm happy with a C, it was a great experience just to write it, I learned a lot about Economics. So happy I'm sorted for University. Hope everything's good for everyone else :)

• Like 2

A very nice surprise but I know I could've done better!

ENGLISH A1 HL: 5

FRENCH B SL: 5

ECONOMICS HL in ENGLISH: 7

HIST.EUROPE/ME HL in ENGLISH 6

HISTORY EE in ENGLISH A

BIOLOGY SL in ENGLISH 6

MATH.STUDIES SL in ENGLISH 6

THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH A

Additional/Extra subjects

None

EE/TOK points: 3

Total points: 38

Results: Diploma awarded

EDIT: Oh and, uhhh... I was one of the only two people who got the three extra points :D

Edited by bmatras

English A1 HL - 7

French B HL - 7

Spanish ab initio SL - 7

Psychology SL - 7

Chemistry SL - 7

Math HL - 6

EE (English) - A

TOK - C

Extra points - 2

Total - 43

I'm so happy with my subject grades. I was fully expecting a 4 in math, so this is a huge surprise. I also thought I screwed up a lot of my English stuff (like the IOC), so I'm freaking AMAZED that I got a 7. I can't wait for the component grades now so I can see how I did on my IOC... Our IBC told us the component grades are released around 12:00 GMT on July 7 - so in about 9 hours!

Oh, and I'm not so much disappointed by TOK as confused.

Edited by jhwu
  • Like 1

English A1 HL: 6

Mandarin B SL: 5

Business & Management HL: 5

Environmental Systems and Societies SL: 5

Math Studies SL: 7

History HL: 5

EE: C

TOK: C (Was predicted A!!!)

Total: 34

Sort of nervous, because my offer from Leicester for Law required 2 6's at HL, but I went over the requirements of attaining 32 overall and 5 at English, so hopefully that will help.

So since I'm in grade 11, I only took two IB exams this year.

French B SL: 6 (Predicted: 5) (Not too surprising actually. Not too disappointed either, French was probably my weakest subject.)

Economics SL: 7 (Predicted: 6) (So I'm reaaaaally happy about that, I was stressed out worrying over economics the entire year! Oh, and it's my favourite subject... really sad that I won't be taking it next year actually.)

Total so far: 13

HL English A1: 6 (World Lit. Papers killed me)

HL Spanish B: 7

HL History: 5 (B.S my way through it)

HL Biology: 4

SL Visual Arts: 6

SL Math Studies: 4 (I strongly dislike math)

TOK: C Language impact on history? (Good grade considering my teacher hardly taught us anything and was on facebook and youtube most of the time)

EE History: D. Comparing the use and architecture of Aztec and Egyptian pyramids ( I was expecting at least a B, wow)

0 Bonus points

Total: 32 points. Diploma awarded

(Extra Subject) French SL: 4 (was expeting a 6)

This is medium high compared to my school in California haha.

2011 MAY ENGLISH A1 SL 6

2011 MAY FRENCH AB. SL 7

2011 MAY BUS.& MAN. HL in ENGLISH 7

2011 MAY ECONOMICS EE in ENGLISH B

2011 MAY ECONOMICS HL in ENGLISH 7

2011 MAY CHEMISTRY SL in ENGLISH 7

2011 MAY MATHEMATICS HL in ENGLISH 7

2011 MAY THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH A

Additional/Extra subjects

None

EE/TOK points: 3

Total points: 44

Results: Diploma awarded

Still in shock! I got quite lucky with at least a couple of those subjects. Good luck to all you IB graduates of May 2011 (I like the sound of that)

• Like 4

English HL : 6

Psychology HL: 7

Biology HL: 5

Italian Ab: 5

Maths Studies: 4 (haha I am bloody TERRIBLE at maths..)

Theatre Studies: 7

TOK: A

EE:A

Total of CAS/TOK/EE: 3

Total: 37 points, and still over the moon.

I was expecting no higher than 30, and would have been happy with that. When I saw my score I was HYPERVENTILATING - and, in typical IB style, started to accuse the exam board of being too easy on me! I missed out a 19 mark question in Biology (because I am simply a moron) so could not believe I scraped a 5.

From the look of everyones scores below we've done amazingly well. Just can't believe it's finally over... WE DID IT!

The only question is: WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE NOW :|

• Like 2

Is it that great IB students are drawn to IB Survival, or is it the case that IB Survival "creates" all these great students? :) You all got great scores, and I'm hoping for something similar next year.

• Like 2

English A1 HL - 5

Chinese B SL - 7

Mathematics SL - 6

Chemistry SL - 7

Physics HL - 6

Business and Management HL - 6

TOK - B

EE - C

Total = 38 Predicted (41)

Well, I'm pretty content with my results. Content, but not happy or delighted. I expected it anyway. Quite disappointed at Math SL though, I was the only one in my class who got the last question about the window correct, but still did not get a 7. EE/TOK sucked cause I half-assed both of them, haha. Really surprised at Chemistry SL, I remember getting 1s and 2s at the beginning of Year 11 but got a 7 in the final exam

Is it that great IB students are drawn to IB Survival, or is it the case that IB Survival "creates" all these great students? :) You all got great scores, and I'm hoping for something similar next year.

Probably the former. I actually wish I knew about this website when I was in Year 11, it would be a huge boost to my morale. Pity I wasted the first year playing the whole time.

I guess this development of cohesiveness and teamwork amongst the IB students worldwide is a phenomenon that is one of a kind...

English HL - 6

Mathematics HL - 6

Computer Science HL - 7

Chemistry SL - 6

History (Europe) SL - 6

Modern Greek SL - 5

EE: C

TOK: C

Total points: 37 and bilingual diploma awarded!

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied, although i am bit dissapointed about my extended essay and tok essay. Really happy about my 7 in computer science, that was not expected at all :) Also, pretty happy about the 6 in maths HL, which was expected. Through the analytical grades, i saw that i missed 7 in chemistry only by 2% and 3% in history. Anyway, i still get to go to my first choice university (BATH) to study computer science, so it's all good!

Edited by Tako

Oh the over achievers in the room :]

Well here's how my 27 points got broken down:

HL:

English:5

History of the Americas:4

Bio: 3 :coffee:

SL:

Mathematical Studies:6 :yes:

Spanish: 4

Psychology:4

EE English: C

TOK:B

My scores look about right, even though I expected English to be higher.

I really want to see the composite scores.

Since, I'm in the U.S, IB scores don't negatively effect anything.

It did give me my 100% bright futures, and some college credit for math and english, maybe psych, history (depending on how the school awards credit) :]

I'm content, I got the diploma.

Edited by goTiffany