History HL - Paper 3

Ika Lob

It was weird to have the one about the effects of WWI and the one about the Great Depression AND the one about Hitler's domestic policy all in the same exam because there's a lot of overlap. But anyway I did the one about the Provisional Government (a bit poorly, because I was REALLY prepared for an Alex II/III essay and figured I could skip out on Russian Revolution - and besides, there WAS no Provisional Government before the first revolution...what? So I talked about the Duma.), the one about the Great Depression's affect (on Germany) and the one about Hiter's Domestic Policy. It was a strange Paper 3 and I didn't like it very much.

For me the question about the Provisional Gov't was obviously about the period between the February and October Revolutions... "Why were there two revolutions in Russia in 1917" refered to the causes of the second one, given that the Provisional Government only came into existence after the February Revolution.

• Like 2

well, in that case I did the block technique for the eisenhower foriegn policy and the point technique for the other two essays. Strange I've never heard of that, only PEA : Point evidence analysis, which I didn't stick to for my essays :S

Found the paper relatively easy, although I got lucky with the topics as well. Wrote about the effects of the Great Depression on France, the "economic miracle" of FRG and Gorbachev's policies. Loved the two economics-oriented topics, expecting high 7s for those and at least a 6 for Gorbachev.

Disappointed with the lack of Spanish Civil War in this year's papers : ( . Don't think there was a single question where you could use it.

Yeah PEA is how to construct a paragraph; got those drilled into me to the point that it's inherent.

Point and block are how to construct a whole essay.

I suppose I used point, since I didn't write any of the contrast topics. And as for the Spanish Civil War, Paper 2 did have one question on its economic effects; it just so happened to be the ONE aspect of that war that I never learned >_>

Edit: Also, for people lamenting over Mussolini, don't forget that one topic somewhere asked for two right-wing leaders; for most students Mussolini and Hitler would be your two (Franco being probably the third for Hist. Euro students; I don't think Pétain and Vichy is in the curriculum?)

Edited by Proletariat

I did the following Q's:

- Causes and consequences of two wars between Israel and its neighbors

- Political, religious and other causes of the Lebanese Civil War

- Hitlers domestic policy between 1933-39

Overall I thought the paper was alright, there did seem to be a number of questions relating to Germany however at the expense of people who studied topics such as the Spanish Civil War and Italy 1919-39.

Did anyone else attempt the Lebanese Civil War question?

I must admit, I'm relieved to hear that I wasn't the only one who looked at that exam paper and thought "Whaat?"

I chose the questions about Stolypin's reforms, the effect of the Great Depression on Germany and Hitler's domestic policies.

I was extremely disappointed to find the Russian questions on such small areas when there was so much that could have asked. Ah well, it's over now :)

I found the exam relatively easy, although at this point i might already mess up paper 2 and 3 questions. I took

- to what extent was Stalins foreign policy dominanted by the security-thing up to 42. I basically went in depth about the domestic stuff during Stalins rule in USSR, USSR being internationally recognized in the 20s and then discussed MRP and WWII as I thought the security thing changed.

- Germany and Europe 1870-1910 ( or smth ). Discussed the alliance system, alsace-lorraine and formation of germany and the various "clashes" that had occurred up to that point.

- Gorbachevs policies of glasnost and perestroika up to 2000. Causes and Consequences. I found this one a bit tricky.I discussed the causes and consequences in relation to stagnation and whatnot, however I found byself at a bit of a loss when it came to "up to 2000". I mean, our textbooks kinda ended witht the collapse of the Soviet Union. Thus I just spewed all the facts and stuff I knew about problems and issues in post-USSR Eastern European states (as I myself am an eastern-european:D).

What did others write? I have no clue what to expect. anygays Im drunk now, exams are over and its all good. :)

Potsdam and Collective security were in P2, rite?

I found the exam relatively easy, although at this point i might already mess up paper 2 and 3 questions. I took

- to what extent was Stalins foreign policy dominanted by the security-thing up to 42. I basically went in depth about the domestic stuff during Stalins rule in USSR, USSR being internationally recognized in the 20s and then discussed MRP and WWII as I thought the security thing changed.

- Germany and Europe 1870-1910 ( or smth ). Discussed the alliance system, alsace-lorraine and formation of germany and the various "clashes" that had occurred up to that point.

- Gorbachevs policies of glasnost and perestroika up to 2000. Causes and Consequences. I found this one a bit tricky.I discussed the causes and consequences in relation to stagnation and whatnot, however I found byself at a bit of a loss when it came to "up to 2000". I mean, our textbooks kinda ended witht the collapse of the Soviet Union. Thus I just spewed all the facts and stuff I knew about problems and issues in post-USSR Eastern European states (as I myself am an eastern-european:D).

What did others write? I have no clue what to expect. anygays Im drunk now, exams are over and its all good. :)

Potsdam and Collective security were in P2, rite?

Yep that was P2. Haha the questions about Potsdam and collective security were the two I chose XD