Chemistry HL Paper 1&2 - TZ2

suggaplum

Finally !! ok so for the brackets there were like 3 question...i remember putting concentration for one and oxidation for the other...don't remember the last one. what about others?? i attempted question 5 and 6 from section B. Overall i think it was ok but not good

TZ2 is 8 questions and last one was organic.

I did 6 and 8, and liked it quite well. That last question was designed for me, it should be 25/25. The third bracket question was complex copper ion, I didn't know the exact meaning so I just made up something.

The enthalpy in section A (calculated from formation enthalpies), was it 80ish, 120ish, -80ish or -120ish? My brain just couldn't focus for that one, but ECF should give me the rest of the points if I did it wrong.

Ooh, then I had TZ2 with the last question being organic..

I think it was fine, weird, but fine.. Like, this question for reducing antimony with carbon "What are the environmental effects?".. I mean, excuse me?! It's not like it was hard, it was unexpected and weird..

In Part B, I picked 6, the one with a bit equilibrium, and 7, the redox one. Would have chosen 8 but the last part scared me off because I did not know what other organic product would be produced with NaOH and warm alcohol...

In total, I think it was fine..

i did the equilibrium one, and the redox one...

i think it went okayish, but i forgot to change units sometimes, so i ended up getting a positive value for spontaneity :( hopefully ill still get method marks and error carried forward!

The very first question i screwed up as well, where we had to find the temperature and enthalpy from the graph? blaaah

So how was it people? Anyone liked the brackets, antimony and lots of energetics?

Hah yes ;) I mean what was with the brackets everywhere it was ridiculous. And antimony.... Well I assumed that in antimony sulfide sulfur would have an oxidation state of -2 like oxygen. Don't know if it's correct, because sulfur can have multiple oxidation states. In general it was nice otherwise except that I think I fumbled molar mass calculations in the first graph question, because I got ridiculously low values for the enthalpy change i mean about -5 kJ or something like that I might have missed a zero somewhere as well though.

Answered 5. and 6. in section B, which were nice. Nothing too hard.

I did 6 and 8, and liked it quite well. That last question was designed for me, it should be 25/25. The third bracket question was complex copper ion, I didn't know the exact meaning so I just made up something.

Hehe me too I picked both 6 and 8! 6 was pretty easy (apart the "calculate Kc". I found something likes 36? It doesn't look good to me...)

And yeah I liked 8 too! I wasn't sure about the last part (the thing about diol and dicarboxylic acid) but I checked in my book right after and it was right so hopefully I'll get a good mark in section B :)

And the brackets were something like: electron configuration of [Ar], concentration and complex ion!

The enthalpy in section A (calculated from formation enthalpies), was it 80ish, 120ish, -80ish or -120ish? My brain just couldn't focus for that one, but ECF should give me the rest of the points if I did it wrong.

I found something like -73 kJ/mol... But yeah I got really confused with the first question of the second page: calculate the amount of water (in mol) in the CuSO4.5H2O sample ... Did anyone get this right?

I found something like -73 kJ/mol... But yeah I got really confused with the first question of the second page: calculate the amount of water (in mol) in the CuSO4.5H2O sample ... Did anyone get this right?

I got the same -73 for whatever that was (the question with calculating error at the end). The one I referred to was propene, hydrogen, and propane, enthalpy of hydrogenization. Anyone remember the right answer (-/+ 80 or 120) ?

I got 0.125 mol for water (and 0.025 mol for whatever it was in first question).

Edited by lighthuntz0r

I got the same -73 for whatever that was (the question with calculating error at the end). The one I referred to was propene, hydrogen, and propane, enthalpy of hydrogenization. Anyone remember the right answer (-/+ 80 or 120) ?

I got 0.125 mol for water (and 0.025 mol for whatever it was in first question).

Ooh for the enthalpy of hydrogenation I found something like -124 kJ/mol

For the first question, I just realised I completely did not read 'water' and therefore just calculated something else instead. :S

I did question 6 & 8 as well, for question 8 where we had to write an equation between a diol & a carboxylic acid, did anyone think it was too simple for 3 marks?

For the first question, I just realised I completely did not read 'water' and therefore just calculated something else instead. :S

I did question 6 & 8 as well, for question 8 where we had to write an equation between a diol & a carboxylic acid, did anyone think it was too simple for 3 marks?

I know right!!

I was like: **** I might have forgotten something, so I checked 500 times :P

But yeah apart from this question the rest was easy! Don't you think so?

hey in paper1 there was a question of SHE...so we had to change the sign of the 2nd equation and then add the values right?? the answer was positive??

Are you talking about the REDOX question? I think i got positive 0.43V for that one.. D, if you remember. The one with Al and.. whatever yeah?

"what is the significance of the -0.45 V in Fe"?

I think the negative sign juts means that the Fe half cell has less tendency to get reduced than H+ so Fe would be the anode and electrons would be transferred from the Fe half cell to the hydrogen half cell.

For question 34 in the multiple choice (not that anyone would actually remember the question number ;D) the one with an alkane and its low reactivity or something. then you had

I relatively high CH bond enthalpy

II low bond polarity

III high CC bond enthalpy

What was the right answer? cus that was the reason which put me in doubt.. :S

Edited by suggaplum

For question 34 in the multiple choice (not that anyone would actually remember the question number ;D) the one with an alkane and its low reactivity or something. then you had

I relatively high CH bond enthalpy

II low bond polarity

III high CC bond enthalpy

What was the right answer? cus that was the reason which put me in doubt.. :S

I just checked in my book, it was all of them! Strong C-C and C-H bonds and low polarity!

**** I think I said II and III :S