Chemistry HL Paper 1&2 - TZ2

suggaplum

I remember there was a question about how to test for alkane or alkene...don't exactly remember but what did you guys write??

Bromine water!

If it's an alkene, then the water will decolorize (due to the addition reaction of Br2 to alkene to form dibromoalkane).

If it's an alkane, then nothing happens and the bromine water remains red/orange.

i put the other way around :(

It's okay you're still getting one mark for writing bromine water :)

40 something.. couldnt rmmber.. the new format (boxes) is really disturbing~! it's difficult to read all ques in section B n to decide which ques u can answer correct the most.. i end up chosing no 5.. i never answered acid n base ques before..

40 something.. couldnt rmmber.. the new format (boxes) is really disturbing~! it's difficult to read all ques in section B n to decide which ques u can answer correct the most.. i end up chosing no 5.. i never answered acid n base ques before..

I know right! I hated theses boxes. All of my answer/calculation went outside the boxes and I had 12678 extra answer sheet :S

I know right! I hated theses boxes. All of my answer/calculation went outside the boxes and I had 12678 extra answer sheet :S

On the contrary, I thought they were reasonable sized. They basically tell me how much I would have to write. However I do agree the fact that it requires more time and effort to choose questions since the questions are not all on one page..

On the contrary, I thought they were reasonable sized. They basically tell me how much I would have to write. However I do agree the fact that it requires more time and effort to choose questions since the questions are not all on one page..

I didn't know for the graph you had to account for heat loss just because when we do our calorimetry lab the temperature doesn't drop dramatically. However I got Mid 30s for percentage error anyway. ECF!!!!

I didn't know for the graph you had to account for heat loss just because when we do our calorimetry lab the temperature doesn't drop dramatically. However I got Mid 30s for percentage error anyway. ECF!!!!

The question did state however, if no heat is loss throughout the process, calculate the temperature change. But to be honest, that question was awfully odd, and I swear ECF would definitely help me..

yeah I also screwed up first question in section A paper 2... anyway, do you think they will really give us some points if the method was right, but the calculations were stupid, i mean i didn't add the amount of water, that is why the enthalpy change was so low eventually

In the aufbau principle one, I put all arrows up.

As for the Kc question, I calculated the equilibrium concentrations using the x method and I think it turned out to be right. TO be honest, this wasn't a very difficult paper except for QUESTION 1 which was just a messed up question.

paper 1 though was tricky. Really don't know what I'll get there!

For multiple choice, what did everyone get for the last question on significant numbers? I thought that was a very odd question since i was expecting something on accuracy/precision

Hmmm I think my answer had something like 5 significant numbers? But I'm pretty sure it was wrong

In the aufbau principle one, I put all arrows up.

As for the Kc question, I calculated the equilibrium concentrations using the x method and I think it turned out to be right. TO be honest, this wasn't a very difficult paper except for QUESTION 1 which was just a messed up question.

paper 1 though was tricky. Really don't know what I'll get there!

me too! i put all the arrows up....glad to know i wasn't the only one :)

For multiple choice, what did everyone get for the last question on significant numbers? I thought that was a very odd question since i was expecting something on accuracy/precision

Hmmm I think my answer had something like 5 significant numbers? But I'm pretty sure it was wrong

My answer had 5 significant figures too! coz it said the "best" possible answer. Although like you, I was starting to think it was wrong. I thought it was confusing because the values in the calculation didn't have the same number of significant figures! Or maybe I'm just stupid :P