Calculator and Answers in the back dont match.

Shaks

Hey guys, Im solving chapter six in Mathematical Studies, course companion and of course I use my GDC a lot, but some of the answers dont match at all with the book. How to understand that? I remember we had a trouble like that even in math class, but there was no real conclusion to this confusion. Any ideas or facts? lol

There are actually loads of answers in the back that don't match the questions in the math studies book. It's not just one or two, there are a lot.

I was good at maths but as soon as I started using the math studies book it just went downhill. Nothing's explained properly and there aren't enough exercises.. I really don't like that book at all.

It's quite likely that there's a misprint. There's usually an insane amount of those in the books I do, even at HL level.

Also, I don't know what chapter 6 is, any chance that it is some sort of Trig or Radians question? Check whether your GDC is set to Radians or Degrees. It's always something I forget to do.

It could be a misprint, or it could be on purpose. Last year it was suggested to me that the answers are sometimes wrong in the back of books because it stops people cheating and just writing in all the answers from there, because if they know some of them are wrong they may not do that. I'm actually not very sure of how true this is though. I would stick with misprint.

It could be a misprint, or it could be on purpose. Last year it was suggested to me that the answers are sometimes wrong in the back of books because it stops people cheating and just writing in all the answers from there, because if they know some of them are wrong they may not do that. I'm actually not very sure of how true this is though. I would stick with misprint.

If that's true I don't really understand why they would do that. The answers are for people to check whether they've been going about things the right way, if the answers are deliberately wrong it would cause a lot of confusion to those who are quite sure their methods of working are correct.

If people just copy they won't learn anything and Math is all about practice.

• Like 1