Universities accepting IB Nov. 2010 graduates NOW

bigbangfan

hey! i finished the IB with 34 points last november. I started attending university at my host country and I like it, but when I was in 11th grade I dreamed about going to uni in the US or Canada, then I got stuck with IB and couldn´t make it. Do you know of any university that would take my offer NOW, after they decided the admissions? The features that I´m looking for are:

*accepts IB diploma students for fall semester

*gives credit to IB diploma students

*gives scholarships

Thanks!

that's definitely university of alberta. but depends on the program you are going for i think. because 34 points is pretty good. so you can pretty much go to most of unis in canada (i'm not so sure about the US). let me know which program you want to apply to so I can help a bit more? :)

that's definitely university of alberta. but depends on the program you are going for i think. because 34 points is pretty good. so you can pretty much go to most of unis in canada (i'm not so sure about the US). let me know which program you want to apply to so I can help a bit more? :)

34 points would get you a small scholarship, a year's IB credits and immediate admission at Simon Fraser University in Canada. April 30 is the deadline, get in quick! http://students.sfu.ca/admission/apply/index.html

Thanks for letting me know about these two universities. Problem is, none of them offers my intended field of study which is ARCHITECTURE. Do you know about other uni like the latter 2 that offers an architecture program?

34 points would get you a small scholarship, a year's IB credits and immediate admission at Simon Fraser University in Canada. April 30 is the deadline, get in quick! http://students.sfu.ca/admission/apply/index.html

Thanks for letting me know about these two universities. Problem is, none of them offers my intended field of study which is ARCHITECTURE. Do you know about other uni like the latter 2 that offers an architecture program?

hmm.. i dont know anyone who is going for architecture. :S but maybe you can try ryerson or waterloo? canada usually offers quite a number of scholarships for international students and are easier to apply for. give it a try! :)

I just found U of Albert quite interesting. My future plan is medicine, and I'm a bit confused, It is said that for medicine there is no direct entry from high school into Medical School. Students must first complete at least two years of university study in another Faculty. What are another faculty? Isn't that enough that I've finished IB diploma program?

http://www.registrar.ualberta.ca/ro.cfm?id=66

I just found U of Albert quite interesting. My future plan is medicine, and I'm a bit confused, It is said that for medicine there is no direct entry from high school into Medical School. Students must first complete at least two years of university study in another Faculty. What are another faculty? Isn't that enough that I've finished IB diploma program?

http://www.registrar.ualberta.ca/ro.cfm?id=66

In Canada you can't enter med school directly after IB. You have to complete at least a few years of a bachelor's degree before you can apply. Your bachelor's degree can be in any discipline (no, it does not have to relate to science at all), as long as you take the required courses for med school.