New Arab World

pumkinns

so, i'm pretty sure most of you people know about what happened in Tunisia, how the people over ruled the government, and threw the president off of his chair. and now it's Egypt's turn..

My opinion.... Mubarak is corrupt!! he must go. the people have been under his dictatorship style for too long. and finally thatnks to tunis, they have the power to take over their lives again.. IT'S CHAOS!! in Egypt now, people are protesting.. and Mubarak wont back down. his idiotic speech was just..... -.- .... no reaction at all!!!

whats your opinion..?

so, i'm pretty sure most of you people know about what happened in tunis, how the people over ruled the government, and threw the president off of his chair. and now it's Egypt's turn..

My opinion.... Mubarak is corrupt!! he must go. the people have been under his dictatorship style for too long. and finally thatnks to tunis, they have the power to take over their lives again.. IT'S CHAOS!! in Egypt now, people are protesting.. and Mubarak wont back down. his idiotic speech was just..... -.- .... no reaction at all!!!

whats your opinion..

My opinion?

Mubarak has the US and Israel behind him..supporting him. Overthrowing him will be very difficult, I mean..the guy asked Obama for help! Yes Ben Ali (tunisian ex president) was also supported by Israel..but not as much as Mubarak. Which is why the tone Obama used in the speech about Tunisia is much softer than that about Egypt, yesterday. Mubarak is corrupt and should go, the only people that want him to stay are Obama and Israeli gov. His people do not want him..they just want him to get the hell out. You know how Ben Ali said: "I understood you..yes I did"? Mubarak is a bit more idiotic,,and he doesn't get it yet. It's major chaos yes..and living in a chaotic country is not something good trust me..but it's all worth it. People like Mubarak and Ben Ali will not step down unless forced to.

This is all good..very good. I hope Algeria is next, they seriously need to overthrow their president.

Tunisia is secular. Egypt isn't. The last thing the US wants is for another Islamic state to pop up in that region. I don't doubt that Mubarak is corrupt; neither do I doubt that the Egyptian people want and deserve change. All I'm saying is that the situation is far more tricky and convoluted than mainstream media is currently portraying it as.

People familiar with Middle Eastern politics have known for a decade that Egypt would be problematic sometime in the future. Mubarak's dictatorship of that country was the cork in a bottle, and if it pops off, the US might find itself not liking what comes frothing out.

Hungry people are angry people, and that's Egypt's case. People, in the middle of protests, are robbing electronics stores and banks. Although Mubarak should go, I fear who comes next, because he'll either make the people or break them. Only a man with patience of steel would be able to handle the people of Egypt. They've been robbed of their lands, houses, and money, all stolen by Mubarak. They make less than what they would averagely spend; a significant amount of the people can't even afford bread. I just hope whoever comes next really does make a change, and not let the entire cycle repeat itself.

Hungry people are angry people, and that's Egypt's case. People, in the middle of protests, are robbing electronics stores and banks. Although Mubarak should go, I fear who comes next, because he'll either make the people or break them. Only a man with patience of steel would be able to handle the people of Egypt. They've been robbed of their lands, houses, and money, all stolen by Mubarak. They make less than what they would averagely spend; a significant amount of the people can't even afford bread. I just hope whoever comes next really does make a change, and not let the entire cycle repeat itself.

Yes that's what we're worried about here..

However we thought, these two presidents started ruling before the people knew such things as protests against govs or something like that. In other words the next ones is going to be much more worried and scared than the current/past 2, mainly because they knew what the end is like for people like Mubarak and Ben Ali.

Yes..hungry people are angry people. They were/are idiots, how did they not think that someone who doesnt have job..doesnt have a proper house...doesn't have a bread to fee his own kids..wouldn't explode eventually on the government? I mean really, that question always comes to me..then I think "too much money and wealth just makes you ignorant of everyone else".

You know..it got to a point where the Trabelsi and Ben Ali family pays 0 DT for all bills, so how do companies compensate that? They just take them from poor people..and I have seen it happening to us in real life. A house is closed for 3 months..no one using it, yet in that trimestre..we got an electricity bill so expensive we thought it's shop's bill or something.

How did they not realize that one day people will speak up and revolt?

Perhaps I am being a little over optimistic here, but the next one will be too afraid to end up like them, he will do anything to satisfy the people.

Tunisia is secular

Apparently it's De-facto secular. :)

i'm hopeful for the protesters. If they want a new government and a better state of living they have a right to fight for it. Mubarak is totally BSing by saying he wants to leave but he's staying for the safety of the people, they know what they want and most of the trouble seems to be purely from the fact that he's still in office. The United States' involvement is kind of tricky. On one hand, it should be obvious that we're going to support the protesters in trying to build a democracy since that's what we're built on, but many other middle eastern leaders are looking at Obama to see how loyal he is because if he goes back on his support for Mubarak then other leaders can assume that he won't support them as well. If they no longer see the US as a supporter they will start to distance themselves and cut down involvement and trade with the US. In the case of the involvement of the US, it mainly boils down to the fact that we really love our petroleum...

Mubarak has issued his speech to the Egyptian nation....he wants to stay in Egypt and die in Egypt. The USA though, I think want him to go....but in this case, it is not up to Obama, but up to the Egyptian military.

What do you think will happen next?

I personally believe that Mubarak is going to go whether he wants to stay or not....and that an Islamic state will be confirmed in Egypt.

So I mentioned above that Obama seems to support Mubarak, but it doesn't seem like it now. He did tell him that his days as a president are over and that he should step down.

What I think will happen next?

Mubarak tried everything..absolutely everything, from speeches to violence to extreme inhumane violence..and it didn't work. Protesters still insist that they are not leaving or going to talk to anyone before Mubarak leaves. He has no choice, he has to leave. If he steps down and stay in egypt, he will be arrested or even killed in no time, if he stays they will overthrow him! He has to leave.

He is going to make another speech, blab some more then run away the next day.

OR

He leaves without anyone noticing and the next thing we know...he's in Europe or KSA.

I have a strong feeling something is going to happen today.