My teacher is pregnant

icecoldstar

I dont want there to be any misunderstanding on this because I seriously had no idea where to put this one. So, let me make myself crystal clear, that I do not find the following situation to be "jokes" or "funny stuff"

So, my math teacher is pregnant. She is due like the first week of March. and our exam is in May 08. She teaches about 110 students in maybe 5 different periods. she is extremely behind in grading of tests and quizes and stuff. Despite that, she has no regret of having us continue to take her "evil" tests while not knowing how we did on the previous ones.

Having said that, i want to know if her baby comes out in early march, how long does she have to stay home and take care of her "sweetie"? and would she be able to grade those tests that she owes us??? I'm a guy, so i'm ignorant on these feminine "stuff"

Minimum maternity leave is 9 months here, dont know about Canada. You'll be unlikely to see her, but that might be good.

Incidentally, our Math teacher is also going on maternity leave in the end of March. Will be interesting to see who will replace here, seeing that our school has only just started looking for a new teacher. The bad thing is that no experienced teacher will take the job since it's only from April to the beginning of June and they won't be paid during summer at all then. So we might end up getting some inexperienced Math student who knows nothing about the IB. Great!

Here is the problem. I do not want to sound sexist, but she is muy loco after she got pregnant (this is my second year with her)

She is trying to finish all the math HL stuff before she leaves, which puts on a LOT of burden on us (implications: never go over homework, no test reviews .ect)

I am from Florida, which is in United States. anyone know if there is a mandatory minimum maternity leave?? Because she claims that she will be back two weeks before the May exam starts.... and currently, we do NOT even have a replacement teacher

^^ I'm in Gainesville, a few hours south.

In reality Mark, i wouldnt employ a woman either. My current math teacher is really smart i have to admit. however, she sucks at teaching. I pass her tests by reading the textbook, NOT listening to her. when she got pregnant this year, her mind seems to be delusional at times. She tried to rip us off 2 days for out IA (thank god someone caught her) :diablo:

I can understand how it's stressful. We had a great French teacher, and then her son developed cancer, and she had to take a leave. We had a temp. sub. who could hardly speak French, and we had no idea if we'd find a replacement. Finally, they found an amazing lady, and we're back to learning. =D I'm sure it will work out.

That being said, I can not believe how you can deem women unemployable on the basis that they will get pregnant! I thought these issues were cleared up in the sixties...? Somebody is going to have to carry your child one day, and do you honestly think that all women should have to stay clear of the working field because of that?!? I'm sure a lot of women would be happy to have their husbands stay home to take care of their newborn for a year. With that, males are just as eligible to take "paternity leave" as women, so at this rate, I guess nobody gets to work.

• Like 1

Despite that, she has no regret of having us continue to take her "evil" tests while not knowing how we did on the previous ones.

Good lord, I know exactly what you're talking about. Our literature teacher is a great teacher, one who actually knows the subject she's teaching inside and out. The only problem she has is that she's continuously taking tests and quizzes when we never get feedback! The IB2's warned us not to slack off just because we think she doesn't check them; they said she checks them at the way end of the second year, but how are we supposed to know what we're doing right or wrong? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I dont want there to be any misunderstanding on this because I seriously had no idea where to put this one. So, let me make myself crystal clear, that I do not find the following situation to be "jokes" or "funny stuff"

So, my math teacher is pregnant. She is due like the first week of March. and our exam is in May 08. She teaches about 110 students in maybe 5 different periods. she is extremely behind in grading of tests and quizes and stuff. Despite that, she has no regret of having us continue to take her "evil" tests while not knowing how we did on the previous ones.

Having said that, i want to know if her baby comes out in early march, how long does she have to stay home and take care of her "sweetie"? and would she be able to grade those tests that she owes us??? I'm a guy, so i'm ignorant on these feminine "stuff"

I know how that feels... at our school we have switched Eng teacher for the fifth time now and this time we got our "IB teacher" back since she was gone for 3 years because she was pregnant.

Now she's back and we have no clue about what to do for the May08 exam...and guess what...shes 14 weeks pregnant which means she will be away again~

And she have only start to work for 2 weeks and this week shes sick~ tralalala we are soooooooooooo prepare for the exam!!!! :)

Realistically, she will probaby be gone about 2 months or so.

I feel your pain.

My IB Coordinator went on maternity leave after winter break so the seniors are having a nice little freak out time without her.

She is planning to be back sometime towards the end of may.

Hell yeah, whats up with all the female IB teachers? Everyone gets pregnant with bad timing!!

• 2 weeks later...