IA Topic - Physical Exercise, Pulse and Blood Pressure

dufka

Do you think it is a good topic on IA?? Please comment

Comparing and analyzing the correlation between physical exercise (walking up the stairs) and both pulse and blood pressure in a group of 20 women and 20 men belonging to different age groups.

What other topics have you thought of? I do not really know what you do in Math St IA but I guess I could help deciding a good topic as long as you came up with the topics.

Oh, forgot. That physical exercise one is not good. What about the kinds of sports that people play? Say people play soccer, basketball, tennis, volley, golf, etc and then you find out how the types of sports played by people are affected by gender, age, probably race, height or weight, etc

You think lah lol I can't come up with a topic for you :blum:

Why do you think it is a bad topic?

my previos one was like that: Comparing and analyzing the correlation between espresso consumption and avergae blood pressure before and thereafter in a gruop of 20 men and 20 women

:blum:( Im hopelss but i want to do sth on statictics

You can pick almost ANY topic, and it doesn't have to have a significant effect. My IA was "hours a person plays video games per week" and "how many words they could remember from a list of 20 words in 1min". It ended with there being no correlation at all (it was like 0.009 :blum:).

Just pick two variables you think might be related. Key word there if THINK, not sure? Fine, that's why you're testing it :blum:

That would work just fine actually.

Find some records with deaths and start recording a list of ages for each gender XD

It doesn't matter if it's similar because it's two completely different IAs. And this would be a terrible biology IA if you only did those 2 variables, for the math st IA you just need 2 things to compare and this works fine.

Edited by Walter Glau

• 7 months later...