the most outlandish thing you've done whilst studying?

sweet candy

I always kept a really hot bag of rice on my stomach to warm me up in attempts to stop me thinking about how cold it is while I study. I've been doing it for probably over two years now (although nowadays I am careful that it doesn't come into very close contact with my skin if it's still really hot), so now I have this burn mark on my stomach.

...But I still don't think that tops yours.

I always kept a really hot bag of rice on my stomach to warm me up in attempts to stop me thinking about how cold it is while I study. I've been doing it for probably over two years now (although nowadays I am careful that it doesn't come into very close contact with my skin if it's still really hot), so now I have this burn mark on my stomach.

...But I still don't think that tops yours.

Lol...I'm gonna try that!!!! Bet you microwave the bag...

I don't kow if this is as crazy as yours, but I got mega, super crazy hyper and energized while pulling an all nighter. I kept a container of coffee next to me and just ate it every few minutes. Nasty and bad tasting, probably really, really bad for me. But it worked.

I don't kow if this is as crazy as yours, but I got mega, super crazy hyper and energized while pulling an all nighter. I kept a container of coffee next to me and just ate it every few minutes. Nasty and bad tasting, probably really, really bad for me. But it worked.

you mean raw coffee?!

Hmm probably not really crazy but in my IGCSE exams I did not revise any time before my Chemistry exams and I didn't even study the day before the exam. On the exam day, the exam started at around 10 or 10.30 if I remember correctly. So I came to school at 7.30 and studied on the way to school and in the library only. That's it. I still got an A* btw mwahahaha!

Weirdest thing was definitely the day I dreamt about organic chem reactions the day before my options exam, only I dreamt them all wrong and couldn't remember which version of a mechanism I'd dreamed and which ones were real the next day in the final exam. Not cool. Too little sleep and too much stress makes your brain do weird things. Dreaming about Chemistry was a pretty big low, even without it then confusing me.

Most stupid thing was probably about 15 mins before my maths exam realising that I was going to fall asleep in the real thing, running desperately around the school in search of caffeine and then drinking some boiling hot black tea (disgusting and painful) followed by somebody's half-drunk lucozade. The part of the exam I didn't spend in despair (which wasn't much, to be fair) was spent feeling slightly queasy wishing my throat felt less charred.

Also my running around caused me to forget everything I'd ever learned about integrating and differentiating, despite doing it non-stop for basically 72 hours prior to the exam, give or take a bit of sleep.

Not hugely amazing stories, but to be honest I never did weird things when I was studying. My brain went weird... really very weird... but I was too busy feeling stressed out and cramming to do anything weird besides some strange form of mental coping involving seeing cosines in the shape of my car etc.

well my friend i were having study group, we decided to take a lil break, which turned out to be one of my fave memories. We took 2 six packs and decided to go skinny dipping at school at night...ended up getting caught drunk. Next day we had an exam, wrote that exam with a monster headache and got called in to the heads office after. We were sooo lucky to not get expelled (lucky for us we were the top in our class). My story isnt as interesting as drinking 4 litres of pepsi or eating coffee!!..lol

you mean raw coffee?!

Yep. :panic:

• 1 month later...

When writing my extended essay, I wrote it with my friend in his cramped little room and we listened to continuous techno music and we each had a monster. I'm telling you it works. I got 2,000 words on one night in just a few hours and when I got home I was still energized and had some beat stuck in my head. Not very strange, but helpful ;) Go for it.