Any CAS hour ideas?

nkd

Do you have any ideas for a CAS activity that counts for both Action and Creativity? We need one activity that combines two kinds of hours and I already finished Service. Got any ideas? Help is greatly appreciated.

Dancing?

Learning traditional dance or modern dance..

Drama?

We do exercises which involve body movements too so it should count for both C and A.

Joining sports team at school or the choral group.

You can get more ideas by looking at other people's CAS activities in this thread.

Dance will be great idea , if you dance and the design a dancing cermony, i think this could involve creativity and action.

Other ideas are:

- 1- Poster construction or advertisment.

2- Learing how to design and design it.

3- Writing a short story, Play, Scnario.

4-Photography.

5- physics inventions.

6-Website designs.

7-Producing a multimedia.

8-Writing poems.

Those are some idea, in which you can learn then make.

Btw action is the easiest in finding an activity.

As Marsupilami said, you can look to other people ideas.

Like Marsupilami said, you could join Drama? I'm part of the tech crew and it counts for both creativity and action because the tech people have to run around back stage and build sets. You will get a TON of hours, trust me. I'm head of props and the scenic painter so I have more hours than most of the other techies but they still had more than 50 hours each for just one show.

I go to a really small school (70 people in our grade), so we don't really have sports teams or theater productions. Any ideas for activities outside of school?

You can as i said get a course on something which i thing count for action, then make your product which can has some sort of creativity. for examle multimedia (you can take a course then make a movie or advetisment).

You can always finds some friends who also need C and A hours, get together and do some of the ideas inm mentioned as a group effort and have a teacher monitor you and sign off that you did it. We had something similar to a "humanitarian race" organized in our city, and some students participated by running in the race while also helping advertise and promote the race by making posters, web page designing, etc. In order to run the race, everyone had to pay a small fee, like 2 dollars, and at the end of the race they got a little prize, like a tT-shirt, for participating. Therefore, that activity involve C, A and S.

C- the promoting, designing, advertising

A- running in the race

S- donation to the race (humanitarian cause) and promotion of the race

Here are some more specific ideas I can come up with (hope they are possible/help you out):

1. Create an after school read-out-loud for younger students

C- make posters for the read-out-loud/advertise it, create small treats for the little children who come (scrap books, etc.)

A- the reading and managing of the event

S- reading to the little children

(this could also be done fr underprivileged children, children in orphanages, etc.)

2. Organize a "sports day" for the students at your school

C- advertising, organization, posters, activities, maybe design T-shirts/waterbottles (our school did that)

A- the actual sports

S- service for the students, or you could do it for an orphanage, underprivileged children etc. (like I said in the previous idea)

3. Organize a poetry competition

4. Ask someone at your school if you could create a web page for something they may need (this could also involve photography alongside web designing and the service you would be doing for your school)

etc etc...

there's a lot out there, take initiative and you'll do fine, get people enthusiastic and involve them, you're leadership could really be needed if people just aren't willing to create such an event on their own. There are group effort ideas. As far as solo goes, I'm blank.

• Like 2

You can always finds some friends who also need C and A hours, get together and do some of the ideas inm mentioned as a group effort and have a teacher monitor you and sign off that you did it. We had something similar to a "humanitarian race" organized in our city, and some students participated by running in the race while also helping advertise and promote the race by making posters, web page designing, etc. In order to run the race, everyone had to pay a small fee, like 2 dollars, and at the end of the race they got a little prize, like a tT-shirt, for participating. Therefore, that activity involve C, A and S.

C- the promoting, designing, advertising

A- running in the race

S- donation to the race (humanitarian cause) and promotion of the race

I forgat to said that, you can have partners, in which your work will be easy, and more arranged. You can also use the school facilities or teachers, in this way all thing could be easy for you. The idea for the race is a nice one, you can do it for your school or avenue. You can use the money raised from the race to give for charitable organization, like (Orphans). We are doing an openday for charity in our school in which we will bring some companies to buy things, do some activities, then the all sum of money will go to a charitable organization, my school also contain 55 student (IB and Americam diploma) for grade 11. The idea is not on the number of students.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have any ideas for a CAS activity that counts for both Action and Creativity? We need one activity that combines two kinds of hours and I already finished Service. Got any ideas? Help is greatly appreciated.

You could come up with (as others have already said) a play or skit. Coming up with it counts as Creativity, and doing it counts as Action.

What I did for action was come up with a teaching schedule for my karate class and games that help the kids learn the stances/moves/kicks and punches, and then I went and did it! It didn't work that well. I forgot that eight year olds don't have the attention span like me (which is saying a lot. Pretty sure a goldfish could out-attentionize me!) I also taught some little kiddies a basic C major scale on piano (before I was in IB, so that sadly doesn't count).

So, you could do something like that! Give a presentation at a local elementary school, teach a class of preschoolers how to spell/read. Also counts as Service for the last one i think, not sure.

Keep on keepin' on!

~EccentricPianist

You can host events and take part in them. eg you can do a fund raise where you have spotrs competitions and all, and you also take part in them.. You would get both creativity and action for that because teachers will obviously be there to supervise.

• 3 weeks later...

There are a LOT of things that you can do for action and creativity. For example: I'm doing martial arts, writing for my sixth form's newsletter (creativity and service) and a whole load of other things, including web design for small time companies. Take up a new sport...like I am! Btw, check out my CAS site, I've updated it and put a video of me doing martial arts on the video page: mycas-experience.t83.net.

Edited by Derek

• 4 weeks later...

Like the others have said, music, dance, writing class - participate in ScriptFrenzy (it's in april if you can wait that long. (just google it). For my creativity we're doing a quick video with animations promoting equality. If you're good with computers and have a lot of time, then that might be good! (it also counts in the "global importance" tab!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...